Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Re: A Word of Caution Re: Hinek Collection Items

Steve-

Do you plan on contacting Mr. Gernay to find out what he has to say about all of this?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by EndzoneSports
    And the hits just keep on coming...

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=26441

I'm guessing that with the annotated "Pro Sports Investments hologram" this would now be four (and counting) ?!?
    In all sense of fairness, it was brought to my attention that this may very well indeed be a re-listing of one of the same that we've already discussed and not an additional jersey. It has been reported to me, though unconfirmable, that this is the jersey that was purchased by the eBay underbidder (Dave O'Brien). which has been hastily consigned for AMIs auction. Though I got no sense that an immediate resale was pending when I last spoke with Dave, it is possible since, he:
    • Bought this illicitly (in violation of eBay rules which prohibit offers to buy or sell listed items outside of the eBay Web site) at a price well below the going market rate for a legitimate Elway game-used jersey and wants to make a tidy profit, AND/OR
    • Considering the issues raised in this thread, he just wants to get out from underneath a jersey that he no longer feels comfortable with as quickly as possible.
    If this is his indeed his jersey (and I have no confirmation that it is indeed the case), then I can only surmise what his motives might be. I am aware that Dave at least follows this forum, if not actively participates, as it was his reading of one of my posts that generated this whole topic to begin with. It is possible that he might be then willing/able to confirm that this is indeed his consignment.

Best regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Shouldn't we add to the list these Montana and rice jerseys from the below post in the thread I have linked here
    Eric

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ighlight=hinek

posted by silverschmidts

Re: Elway jersey on eBay look familiar?!?
    I am the buyer of the Elway jersey from PSI. I've also recently purchased some other items from PSI, including a Rice 49ers gamer from an Ebay auction that closed a couple of days ago and a Montana gamer that PSI sold to me as an underbidder in a similar Ebay auction that ended last month. I submitted the Elway jersey to EndZoneSports because nobody knows Broncos jerseys better than Patrick Scoggins. Patrick thought the jersey looked OK and wrote a letter of opinion for me. However, now it has come to my attention that PSI has recently put at least two other nearly identical Elway road mid 1980s jerseys into the market, including the one that was sold in the Historic Auctions sale last fall. My question to everyone is: do any of you have experience in dealing with PSI (Bernie Gurnay) and can he be trusted with all of these Montana, Rice, and Elway jerseys he's been putting in the market? He claims he got them from Bronco Hinek, the former 49ers equipment manager. However, the sheer volume of product raises major suspicions in my view. For example, could he possibly have 3 genuine Elway 1985-86 road jerseys? (A 4th one was recently sold in the Broadway Rick's auction; I have no idea where that one came from). I tried to contact Bernie today with these concerns and haven't heard back from him yet. -If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd be grateful. -Steve Silverman

Where is a nylon tag supposed to appear?

Hello -

I am the Denver area collector that purchased the jersey from Historic. Just a point of clarification, the Elway I purchased does indeed have the small '100% Nylon' tag.

Thanks,

Tom

Eric -

To your question, here is a picture of the tagging on my Elway. The 100% nylon tag is by my thumb.

Thanks,

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok..not exactly by my thumb but you get the 'picture'

Tom

Tom-

Thanks. So then this link to grey flannel shows an Elway without a nylon tag?

http://www.greyflannel.com/main.php?item=2549

Name:  3-30Elway2.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  111.6 KB

Yep, that is correct. The nylon tag on my Elway is centered under (and looks to be attatched to) the Russell tag and the GF jersey doesn't show this same tagging.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Tom-

Thanks. So then this link to grey flannel shows an Elway without a nylon tag?

http://www.greyflannel.com/main.php?item=2549

Attachment 4606
    Eric:

Would you (or any other Forum members) happen to know when this Grey Flannel jersey sold? I would like to add info to the sales data spreadsheet that we provide at our web site (see http://endzone.pscoggin.com/UniPrice.xls), but originally missed this one when offered.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org