Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: A Word of Caution Re: Hinek Collection Items

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz
    I think the deletion of the "don't let the door..." comment to Bernie had less to do with rules and more to do with human decency and common sense.
    Stop....think....THEN post.
    Rob,
    Now I'm officially baffled. Why are you protecting Bernie? Bernie (as Sal) made threats of physical violence against me. Yes, it is wrong to air my personal vendetta on this forum. It is immature. By the way...I have stopped...thought...and refrained from posting to SEVERAL threads about Mr. Gernay. Please don't give me your personal take on common sense and decency. It sickens me.

Banned

Eric, I find it sad that you have become a babysitter for this site.

I know, I'm sure if you look up in a Thesaurus for Babysitter the word Moderator can be found, but there just sometimes is too much that you have to put up with.

Funny thing is weather Bernie is right or wrong, this thread has now lead to him leaving the forum takes away from another dealer - authenticator who could offer insight into memorabilia that may be questioned.

The Elway that Historic auctioned off came from me via the Hinek collection last year and was sold to Fleer at the time to be chopped up then was eventually sold at the Fleer bankruptcy auction among thousands of other game used jerseys, etc many of which were consigned to Historic Auctions.
    http://www.auctionsaleinfo.com/aucti...llcorporat.asp

http://www.auctionsaleinfo.com/aucti...732_1-2051.pdf

Where is the Elway jersey? I think the point of this thread is becoming not if the Elway jerseys are authentic or not but why Bernie feels the need to lie to cover up for himself.

It is very clear that you are a newbie collector. That is ok. I'll gladly walk you through this. Let me explain how it works when a team goes into a transition stage with the jersey manufacturer. When teams went from Puma to Reebok (good example the Rams), or Starter to Puma (good example the Vikings), Nike to Reebok (Jets, Giants, Ravens, etc) the team will sew the new jersey manufacturer logo (usually a rectangle shaped box) over the old manufacturer logo so that the teams may wear it for the following season(s). This was common for almost every team from 1999-2002. This is something known by even the common novice football collector. Hope that clears up some confusion for you.
    I do agree with some that Bernie does get "picked on" and at times unfairly since its always like 3 people against 1 but Bernie does put himself out there by putting questionable items out on the market (Ebay out of all places) and then replying against those who accuse him with sarcasm and an overall condescending attitude instead of straight facts or just admitting to an oversight or mistake. Everyone makes mistakes and Bernie should be allowed to also, but Bernie should not call people ignorant or bottomfeeders just because they don't know as much as he does.

Just my 2 cents

Goh

I re-read Bernie's last post....I don't remember telling anyone what was fake and what wasn't. So I guess not "everyone" was telling anyone anything.

Also, posting Rule 7 as a way to attempt to stave off criticism is hardly valid. By nature, blowing the whistle on someone (Lou Lampson, for example) or a group (American Memorabilia) is going to create dispute. If we're supposed to sit around and twiddle our thumbs while playing a nice game of hearts rather than discuss issues of authenticity and related issues, then what's the point?

Oh well, I guess I'm a bottomfeeder on TWO forums now.

Banned

Not to knock Bernie again on his way out, but it seems like everyone is knocking him on his Elway jerseys, but no one has mentioned the Colts jerseys (i.e. the Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison) with the discrepancy over sleeve lenghts. Once he was questioned on the long sleeve lengths, they were taken off ebay and jerseys with short sleeves magically appeared.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ghlight=bernie

To #1 Rudy, Nathan, Pat and Both Teams Played Hard, my hats off to you guys for sticking to your guns and not backing off when you discovered the truth about his jerseys.

I don't blame Bernie for not wanting to read this board or post anymore. Personally I wouldn't want to read about my business being exposed either. I am sure that "Sal" will make an appearence in Bernie's absence

Banned

I hate to keep doing this but I keep seeing them

This ones for you Warren:

Bernie has a Justin Mccariens game used jersey from the 2nd round Playoff game last year vs Pittsburgh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUSTIN-McCAREINS...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know if this jersey is real, fake, or whatever, to be honest I don't really care. When I saw this, I recalled a post from a big Bernie fan from a while ago. After a quickie search on the forum I found this post (6th down):

http://www.network54.com/Forum/37997...ad/1124766377/

Here is the text in case the link doesn't work.

From Jim (Gridman80)

"I have been collecting NY Jets for 15 years and have been dealing with Bernie for the last 4 years. I have acquired several great jerseys from him, including a Joe Namath, Matt Snell, Curtis Martin, Chad Pennington, Dennis Byrd, Jonathan Carter, and the jersey that Justin McCareins wore in the Steelers playoff game last year (with a letter from Justin). Bernie has developed great relationships with many players, front office personnel and equipment guys around the NFL. I'm still waiting to do a deal for the Santana Moss piece he got directly from Santana...."

What a coincidence that this guy "Jim" bought the same Mccareins jersey in August that Bernie is selling on ebay right now. This leads me to one of 3 conclusions, 1) either Bernie was able to get 2 Mccareins jerseys from that one game, 2) "Jim" Gridman 80 is actually Bernie plugging himself, or 3) He had one Mccareins jersey and duplicated a second one.

"Jim" "Gridman 80" is not Bernie. I have done business with Jim in the past.

You guys are really taking this to another level. This forum is quite helpful once you get around all the "chest beating posts". I can't believe that someone had the gall to write

Rob,
    Now I'm officially baffled. Why are you protecting Bernie? Bernie (as Sal) made threats of physical violence against me. Yes, it is wrong to air my personal vendetta on this forum. It is immature. By the way...I have stopped...thought...and refrained from posting to SEVERAL threads about Mr. Gernay. Please don't give me your personal take on common sense and decency. It sickens me
    All Rob was stating was lets get back to the issues of why this forum was established. If people have personal issues with a dealer, non-fraud related, lets keep it personal then.

What also gets me is that you keep blasting Bernie. I am not defending him but come on... if it walks like a duck, quack likes a duck, you know the rest....

Why keeping hashing over the obvious!!

gujerseylover please email me

gujerseylover

I have been emailing you for some time and you do not respond. I also sent you a private message from this board and you do not respond. I had a couple of questions for you, can you please email me back at ecky3@aol.com
    Thanks
    Eric

Smile Re: A Word of Caution Re: Hinek Collection Items

note for gujerseylover...I obtained Justin's jersey from the Steelers playoff game last year, from Bernie, as I had posted. Bernie knew that I also wanted Justin's helmet. Bernie also got Justin's 2004 helmet but decided to keep it for himself, as he wanted it to go along with the jersey Justin wore when he scored his frist TD as a Jet . I also told bernie that I wanted pants to match the helmet and jersey ....Bernie told me to wait until the end of the 2005 season when he would get a full uniform. In fact Bernie had this written into his marketing contract with Justin. As a Jets season ticket holder I sat right behind the Jets bench for the last home game of the season against the Bills, checking out the unifom I was hoping to get...One week later Bernie dropped by my house with the entire uniform Justin wore that game, right down to the gloves and armbands...I told Bernie that the only way I could swing his price on the full uniform was to trade back the white playoff jersey. Bernie agreed, and gave me full credit against the complete uniform. In the bygone days of this hobby this kind of cash and trade deal, or even full trades were commonplace. Nowadays it seems that nearly everything runs their stuff thru rapacious auction houses....... and people seem to make judgements in these posts without complete knowledge of the facts.

Exclamation Re: A Word of Caution Re: Hinek Collection Items

And the hits just keep on coming...

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=26441

I'm guessing that with the annotated "Pro Sports Investments hologram" this would now be four (and counting) ?!?

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org