Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you do to protect your collection?

What do you guys do to protect your collection? Do you have extra locks on your door? Alarms? Security systems? A lot of people know about what I collect, and sometimes I worry that someday I'll come home to an empty room, and everything gone, with no trace to where they might be. I actually had a dream the other night that exactly happened like that.......I came home, and everything was gone; somebody broke in and just took it all. Do you guys ever worry about something like this happening? I'm trying to find a cheap solution to help protect my collection a little better than just 2 locks on my door. I'm out of high school now, so I'm going to be home a lot more often, so my worries are low for now; but once I start college in a few months, I NEED to have something to protect my collection.

Re: What do you do to protect your collection?

Gun Safe?

Banned

I keep my stuff on the DL! Only my best friend plus my family has seen my collection...plus I'm not about to broadcast my collection and post pictures and whatnot...not that there is anything wrong with that, most people on here do that, but I'm a paranoid person and the more risks I can cut out the better. But I like the suggestion about the gun safe!! haha.

Aaron

If you put items in safe you can't display them. You should look into getting insurance for your items. I'm not exactly sure how much it costs or what it covers, but there have been posts of GUF about collection insurance in the past.

I just got Insurance for my Items that I do have and also have an Alarm in my Condo.And off course l always lock my doors even if I go and take out the Trash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    What do you guys do to protect your collection? Do you have extra locks on your door? Alarms? Security systems? A lot of people know about what I collect, and sometimes I worry that someday I'll come home to an empty room, and everything gone, with no trace to where they might be. I actually had a dream the other night that exactly happened like that.......I came home, and everything was gone; somebody broke in and just took it all. Do you guys ever worry about something like this happening? I'm trying to find a cheap solution to help protect my collection a little better than just 2 locks on my door. I'm out of high school now, so I'm going to be home a lot more often, so my worries are low for now; but once I start college in a few months, I NEED to have something to protect my collection.
    The best protection is to not show your collection to your friends. I am sure your personal friends are OK but who knows, a friend may be in a public place talking about your collection when someone they don't even know overhears the conversation. Bam - bye, bye collection.

With that said, if someone wants your stuff, there isn't anything anyone can do to stop them BUT, an alarm would be helpful. And if you guys do get an alarm, change the code every few Months.

What good does insurance do me??? Sure, I wil be financially reimbursed but there is NO WAY the one of a kind items can be replaced. I worry about this now more than ever. We have a magazine called "Bison Illustrated" of which they did an article on my collection a couple months ago and now they are coming over this week to take pics of my Bison room with all my jerseys displayed on the walls for another issue. I never gave theft much thought until recently..................
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Along the same thoughts of Jim Reynolds!

Name:  500.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  26.1 KB

Andrew