Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oakland A's uniform manufacturers....help?

A's fans/collectors....who manufactured the A's uniforms of the 1970's? McCauliffe, Wilson?

Thanks!
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Re: Oakland A's uniform manufacturers....help?

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    A's fans/collectors....who manufactured the A's uniforms of the 1970's? McCauliffe, Wilson?

Thanks!
    McAuliffe throughout the 1970s.

Rob L

Hi -

McAuliffe Uniforms Corp was the exclusive provider of all Oakland game pants and jerseys from the late 1960's to 1980. For 1981, the team purchased both Wilson (White) and Rawlings (Gold), as well as some McAuliffe. I have seen McAuliffe worn with Oakland as late as 1983, however this was only in spring training photos and I suspect these were older jerseys used just during spring training games. Never saw the Kelly Green McAuliffe jerseys worn again after the 1980 season.

It is fair to say that after the new owner's took over (late 1980) a decision was made to look at different manufactures, considering that Charlie Finley used McAuliffe for over a decade. 1981 was the last season they wore the Kelly green color, transitioning to a more darker green in 1982.

RJB

Thanks!

I just purchased a Goodman's & Sons, goold pullover jersey with correct tri-green stripes, and white numbering/lettering for 1979, I think? Perhaps this was a minor league jersey? The name on the back (it escapes me at present) is not a name I can find reference to in A's MLB rosters.

chris@pacmedia.ca

Finally able to take th pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    

chris@pacmedia.ca

[quote=RJB44;67847]Hi -

McAuliffe Uniforms Corp was the exclusive provider of all Oakland game pants and jerseys from the late 1960's to 1980. For 1981, the team purchased both Wilson (White) and Rawlings (Gold), as well as some McAuliffe. I have seen McAuliffe worn with Oakland as late as 1983, however this was only in spring training photos and I suspect these were older jerseys used just during spring training games. Never saw the Kelly Green McAuliffe jerseys worn again after the 1980 season.

It is fair to say that after the new owner's took over (late 1980) a decision was made to look at different manufactures, considering that Charlie Finley used McAuliffe for over a decade. 1981 was the last season they wore the Kelly green color, transitioning to a more darker green in 1982.

RJB

Thanks for the info RJB - I am currently looking at a 1981 A's Gold Jersey from 1981. This McAULIFFE jersey has front tagging on the center of the bottom seam: Year - McF tag - wash instr and the size is under the McF tag. What are your thoughts ( or anyone else with knowledge on these jersey's ). ?? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeff77 View Post
    Thanks for the info RJB - I am currently looking at a 1981 A's Gold Jersey from 1981. This McAULIFFE jersey has front tagging on the center of the bottom seam: Year - McF tag - wash instr and the size is under the McF tag. What are your thoughts ( or anyone else with knowledge on these jersey's ). ?? Thanks
    McAuliffe made the Gold jerseys up until 1980 and featured "A's" on the front of the shirts. Starting in 1981, the Gold jerseys were made by Rawlings and featured "Oakland" on the front.

According to Bill Henderson, he has only seen one McAuliffe jersey with Oakland on the front and he beleives it to be a salesman's sample.

What is on the front of the jersey you are looking at? How many green stripes are on the sleeves? Is there a name and/or number is on the back?

Just an FYI in case anyone reading this thread comes across the jersey shown with "GIBISER" on the back - it was "stolen" from me. The buyer contacted me and we worked out a sale, then once in his possession he claimed that a crease wasn't specified. He filed a paypal dispute, recieved a full drums and didn't send the jersey back.

chris@pacmedia.ca

Just an FYI in case anyone reading this thread comes across the jersey shown with "GIBISER" on the back - it was "stolen" from me. The buyer contacted me and we worked out a sale, then once in his possession he claimed that a crease wasn't specified. He filed a paypal dispute, recieved a full drums and didn't send the jersey back.
    The buyer's name is Albert Broussard.

chris@pacmedia.ca

The buyer's name is Albert Broussard.
    Buyer rec'd full refund not "drums" (damn iPhone!)

chris@pacmedia.ca