Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jackie Robinson game used bat

My grandfather gave me a bat about 10 years ago. The bat was given to my grandfather when he was a kid directly from Jackie Robinson. The bat has a crack from a ball he fouled off during the game. The bat was given to him in the 1940's after a game in Boston.

Does anyone know what something like this would be worth? I was also curious how I could get this authenticated and appraised without having to send it away to someone?

thanks

Re: Jackie Robinson game used bat

Quote Originally Posted by hurlanator View Post
    My grandfather gave me a bat about 10 years ago. The bat was given to my grandfather when he was a kid directly from Jackie Robinson. The bat has a crack from a ball he fouled off during the game. The bat was given to him in the 1940's after a game in Boston.

Does anyone know what something like this would be worth? I was also curious how I could get this authenticated and appraised without having to send it away to someone?

thanks
    Can you add any details about the bat and add a picture?

Hi--

If you are able to post photos, be sure to include close-up pics of the knob, center label, and barrel label (including the length and weight of the bat) and you will be able to get some good preliminary feedback on this forum based on Jackie Robinson's personal H & B shipping records as well as members' personal expertise.

As far as obtaining authentication services without shipping the bat, it might work if you are within driving distance of Margate City, New Jersey (John Taube, PSA/DNA), Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Dave Bushing, MEARS), or San Diego, California (Mike Specht, BATS). Otherwise, shipping to one of these services is probably going to be necessary.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

I'll give you $500.

Just kidding.

If real, you are probably talking tens of thousands. Maybe more depending on the date it was produced.

I'd love to see some pics.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool Re: Jackie Robinson game used bat

dear hurl.....i have been collecting bats since 1984 and have had 3 of them....one being which is in my collection jackies 1955 ws bat and a autographed jacki from 1953.....the knobs on jacki bat are very distinct and so is the usage.....if the bat is real i will pay you 50,000-70,000 cashiers check made to anyone you want....thegoodz15@aol...enjoy go giants.....scott

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodz15 View Post
    dear hurl.....i have been collecting bats since 1984 and have had 3 of them....one being which is in my collection jackies 1955 ws bat and a autographed jacki from 1953.....the knobs on jacki bat are very distinct and so is the usage.....if the bat is real i will pay you 50,000-70,000 cashiers check made to anyone you want....thegoodz15@aol...enjoy go giants.....scott

he said you can make it out to me

Banned

I am shocked there have not been any pictures posted of this bat.....very shocked

I would rec. sending it in to have it authenticated.

I will post pics tomorrow night. What are the chances of sending an item away and not getting it back? I kind of worry mailing something that could potentially be worth tens of thousands of dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by hurlanator View Post
    I will post pics tomorrow night. What are the chances of sending an item away and not getting it back? I kind of worry mailing something that could potentially be worth tens of thousands of dollars?
    I personally would never mail it if I were you just post pics.