Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Collection Theme/ 2008/ team loyalty

What up.. I thought I'd start this thread after I saw a great deal on a Cecil Cooper bat a few weeks ago. I came on here and saw that someone was in the market for a C. Cooper bat, and I couldnt remember where I saw it to pass along the info.

My thought was that in a thread we could put up, our team, what we'll be looking for in 2008, and any other side collections, or themes. That way if anyone sees a good deal/interesting item, they'll know who to contact.. anyways here it goes....

- Recently, I've decided to go after a game used bat from every rookie of the year.

- About once a month I try to add an autographed baseball from a memeber of the 500hr club. After that is completed I'll move on to the 3000 hit club.

- In 2008 I'll be trying to add a Manny, Vladi, Big Papi, and Ryan Braun bat to my collection.

- GoTigers is no a Detroit Reference, I'm an Auburn fan.. when it comes to baseball, I gotta go with the Braves.

Re: Collection Theme/ 2008/ team loyalty

Don Mattingly...I am looking for a bat from 1984/85 and a pair of batting gloves.

Mike

Angels 2007 red alternate jersey.
    Diamondbacks 2007 set.

Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

As always, I will be on the lookout for college and pro jerseys of Florida Gator athletes.

In baseball, those I don't already have include current player Mark Ellis, David Eckstein (too much $), and Ryan Shealy. Past players I would like to add to my collection are Scott Ruskin, Scott Lusader, Kevin Polcovich, Dave Eiland, and Marc Valdes. For a complete list of Gators in MLB, see my website.

In basketball, about the only ones I could afford would be Donnell Harvey, Matt Bonner, and Andrew DeClercq.

In football, the list is way too long to post here. Here are some obscure to mid-level players that would be in my price range: Willie Jackson, Fred Weary (DB, not the lineman), Chris Doering, Jesse Palmer, Doug Johnson, Errict Rhett, Terry Jackson, Erron Kinney, Danny Wuerffel, and Ellis Johnson. Again, for a complete list of Gators in the NFL, please see my website.

If you have any game used of any ex-Gator, please let me know!

Nice thread, I am really working on staying on one track. My spending days on autographs got a little out of control and I would like to stick to one area on the game used items. So for the most part I will collect any kind of Cincinnati Reds Game Used items, leaning more towards the common players.

Banned

Well since this is 2008 and all the reports are out I was thinking of a Steiroid theme.
    Anyone have Game Used or Pre Game Used Steiroid needles from Clemens, Pettitte, Bonds,McGwire, Canseco, LoDuca & of course in Sheffileds case a pill since he doesn't take steroids since those only are injected into your butt. lol lol

But on a serious note I have for sale a Game Used Darryl Strawberry bat for sale. He was Rookie of the Year in 83.

Let me know. suave1477@yahoo.com

Collecting my favorite Cardinal players that are affordable, but still nice.

Mainly players not good enough for the HOF, but were good players anyways -IE: Brian Jordan, Ray Lankford, Terry Pendleton, Jack Clark and JD Drew.

Dave

I tryto stay strong on my main focus of Spurs and Mavs and a few other NBA favorites.

I feel I kind of am all over the map.

But then I get a good baseball bat, and I think how cool bats look

It is hard to stay focused

I focus on St Louis Cardinals items, mostly bats and jerseys. My current focus is players from the 80's (McGee, Coleman, etc.), but I'm happy to add items from current players. For example I would love to find a nice Ankiel bat from last year.

I focus on Cincinnati Reds game used stuff primarily.

I also look to add star bats whenever I get a chance to do so.

I am also always looking for game used gloves.

But my main goal for 2008 is to get a nice Jay Bruce game used item