Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Jeter 2001 Jersey-photo Match?

Tay Great Job!!! Glad It Was Resolved In A Way That You Were Comfortable With.

Hello Everyone.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my 2001 World Series Derek Jeter gamer has finally been PHOTOMATCHED to the World Series!!!! October 31, 2001. Game 4 of the W.S.

Also added another photo of him wearing it, post 9/11

Jersey on eBay now. Check it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

the back matches. what about the front? the photo of the front that you've used shows a heavily twisted and contorted yankees logo where you can barely see any pinstripe matches. the single pinstripe/logo relationship that is visible doesn't match up.

here are other photos from game 4, including the one you used:

enlighten me as how you think the front has been matched.

rudy.

kingjammy24,

Also, look at the WS patch relative to the pinstripes...

Just like the Yanks logo on the front, they don't match up either.

Taking a more detailed look at the jersey and the photos from Getty Images, I noted additional discrepancies:

If you look closely at the back pinstripes and how they intersect with the sleeve pinstripes, you can clearly see that the jersey being offered does not match the one back photo of Jeter in Game 4:

1. Look closely at the 2nd back pinstripe from the left edge of the flag and notice that the jersey being offered does not intersect with the sleeve pinstripe. The game photo shows the 2nd back pinstripe clearly intersects with a sleeve pinstripe.

2. Look closely at the 3rd back pinstripe from the same left edge of the flag and notice that the jersey being offered does intersect with a sleeve pinstripe. The game photo shows the 3rd back pinstripe does not intersect with any sleeve pinstripe.

So, to recap, the seller claims that there's a photomatch from game 4. The only photomatches are from the two photos posted on the auction page. By the way, Getty Image 51717424 posted by the seller on the auction page is a poor frontal photo for photomatching the pinstripes or the Yanks logo. There are better photos for frontal comparisons in Getty Images that can be used.

The only two elements that I can see that match are:

1. The number placement relative to the back pinstripes only. There isn't a clear enough shot of the jersey in the game photo to make a clear x, y placement comparison relative to both the back and the sleeve pinstripes.

2. The flag placement relative to the back pinstripes.

The elements that do not match Getty Image archived photos of Jeter in Game 4 are:

1. Yanks logo placement on the front of the seller's jersey does not match Getty Image 51717429 (Game 4 WS). Previously pointed out by kingjammy24.

2. The WS patch placement on the sleeve of the seller's jersey does not match Getty Image 51717429 (Game 4 WS). Previously pointed out in my previous post.

3. The pinstripes on the back relative to the pinstripes on the sleeve on the seller's jersey does not match the Getty Image posted by the seller on the auction page (details above).

Bidders are relying on two elements that match (number placement and flag placement) when there are at least three elements that clearly do not match.

Caveat Emptor...