Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

show us only your #1 Game Used piece and explain why

1996 Alex Rodriguez "Rawlings" Big Stick Game Used HR #15 Bat

- Home Run Bat (15th of 1996, 20th of Career)
    - Early Arod Bat and signature
    - Rawlings Letter (bat records) stating only 12 ordered by arod in 1996
    - Have newpaper article from Toronto from this game
    - Information (specifics) backed up in the Baseball Almanac
    - LOA's from Arod, SCD, and PSA

For myself, there are thousands of Arod Game Used Louisville Slugger bats out there. This being an early Rawlings Game Used Bat of Arod's, makes this a pretty special bat to own.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

1996 1st Grandslam Baseball

Early milestone item. Arod.com even show the clip of him hitting this ball. It is the first clip on his multimedia milestone page.

Bought it at National Sports Collectors Convention in Anaheim in 1996. Sold some of my Arod cards to pay cash for this piece. As soon as I saw the item, I knew it was special and wanted it.

COA with Player's signature (don't think I need anything other documentation if I had to sell for hardship reasons)

I have Newspaper article, autographed photo, and baseball ticket from this game. Also Alex Rodriguez has written two kids book where the storyline ends up with a grandslam so it will be a great item when I am old and reading this story to my grandchildren one day. hahaha

again, excuse my poor camera.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: 1996 1st Grandslam Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post

Early milestone item. Arod.com even show the clip of him hitting this ball. It is the first clip on his multimedia milestone page.

Bought it at National Sports Collectors Convention in Anaheim in 1996. Sold some of my Arod cards to pay cash for this piece. As soon as I saw the item, I knew it was special and wanted it.

COA with Player's signature (don't think I need anything other documentation if I had to sell for hardship reasons)

I have Newspaper article, autographed photo, and baseball ticket from this game. Also Alex Rodriguez has written two kids book where the storyline ends up with a grandslam so it will be a great item when I am old and reading this story to my grandchildren one day. hahaha

Joel,

Nice! I'll give you $25 for it (lol). Very nice!

I like to hear from other members what they feel is their top item in their collection. If you dont want to share the documentation and photos thats very understandable. Many people are very guarded about their collections, especially since this is a public forum.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I like to hear from other members what they feel is their top item in their collection. If you dont want to share the documentation and photos thats very understandable. Many people are very guarded about their collections, especially since this is a public forum.
    Joel,

I beleive this thread has been made so many times in the past, that this time was the straw that broke the camels back.

No matter how many times threads like this are started over and over again, I still enjoy seeing what others have.

Re: show us only your #1 Game Used piece and explain why

The first game used Dr. J. item (I only have 2) I acquired. An example of the style he wore in the late 70s/early 80s. I think he was still wearing this style shoe for part of his MVP year (1981). Nice use and a pen auto (not shown) that doesn't detract from overall appearance, IMO.

I own a 2nd pair exactly like these, but they are dual signed in blue marker which I'm not a huge fan of.

But still, 1A & 1B

Pedro Martinez's cap from his 3000th Strikeout Game. The Jersey and Ball are already in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    The first game used Dr. J. item (I only have 2) I acquired. An example of the style he wore in the late 70s/early 80s. I think he was still wearing this style shoe for part of his MVP year (1981). Nice use and a pen auto (not shown) that doesn't detract from overall appearance, IMO.

I own a 2nd pair exactly like these, but they are dual signed in blue marker which I'm not a huge fan of.

But still, 1A & 1B

I like you Dr. J room on your website. Do you collect Julius Erving just when he was in the NBA. Didnt see much from his days in the ABA or is that stuff just impossible to find. I am very curious. Dr. J would be my choice for collecting old school basketball.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Joel, if you ever decide to sell, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Joel, if you ever decide to sell, let me know
    tony, when i sell this it will go with the whole collection. you have first crack at it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com