Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Robin Yount glove on eBay...what do you guys think?

I know nearly nothing about fielding gloves. What do you guys think about this one? Could it be legit? Thanks.

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBIN-YOUNT-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Robin Yount glove on eBay...what do you guys think?

I know nothing about gloves really, but $40.00 shipping is a little bit of a red flag just about the seller. Doesn't mean the glove is fake, but makes me question it a bit.

his response to authentication.

used to batboy for brewers in late 80's early 90's, so I really don't know what kind of an authentication you want as I have pics of me on field and pics of me with robin yount, so I don't think it gets any better than that! I will more than likely sell glove outright off of ebay as I have had alot of interest in both gloves I have up, or end early and keep as I really don't wanna sell, but have bills have to pay right now only reason why I'm putting up. thanks
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I am a big fan and collector of Yount game used items. I have 2 of his games used fielding gloves, one of them being a SS glove from early in his career. I have yet to really try and photo match this glove. I will say from just looking at quickly there are some points of note. Yount did use that padding where his index finger would hang out, and you can see this on multiple cards and photos of Yount. He did use Rawlings gloves. On his other gloves the number was written in black sharpie in about the same location. Not sure if this helps anyone, but I thought I'd add some info. I do plan on looking at some pictures this weekend to try and photo match it. The shipping costs does seem a bit high. The seller also has a Molitor glove for sale as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I don't understand why "pictures of me with Robin Yount" would serve as authentication when he is saying that the glove came from an old lady who knew Harvey Keunn.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Not that it means anything, but this seller is the same seller from this thread.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=11436
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good point Harpt!

Also, if I'm not mistaken.....I believe this glove has been on Ebay before.

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    I don't understand why "pictures of me with Robin Yount" would serve as authentication when he is saying that the glove came from an old lady who knew Harvey Keunn.
    I thought there was inconsistancy in the story too.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Here are some pictures I found of Yount on Gettyimages from the early 80's I would say the there is a definite Stylematch.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

If I was a Yount collector or Brewer collector I would give the person a phonecall and get the full story on how he acquired the glove. If he got it from a old lady and not as a handout while a batboy then that seems possible. Bases on the other collectors photos I would say the glove is legit. But older gloves dont have embroidered name on them which would be what i look for first. on older gloves, what do you look for? his number "19". How many other players covered the index finger hole with a patch. maybe thats unique to Yount. How many other players use the same model glove as Yount. I guess those are the question I have about older gloves.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com