Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Anybody familiar with these Sandknit tags?

I didn't mean it that way. I'm with you. I was offered the jersey again after it was graded-and I don't have the money to buy it anyway-but to me it just doesn't seem exactly right, still. Plus, I checked the 3 images that Mears used to photo style match and I don't think any of the 3 are dead on. It's possible, I guess, that Sandknit might have tagged it that way, apparently they did it on some baseball jerseys that way in 1981/82, but......Too many buts for me. Just my 2 cents.
    Greg

Banned

This jersey didn't have team prov. Is that what you're asking. Basically, everything has to be just right for a pre-87 jersey to get an A10. After 1987 it needs perfect prov. or team prov. to get an A10.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    I didn't mean it that way. I'm with you. I was offered the jersey again after it was graded-and I don't have the money to buy it anyway-but to me it just doesn't seem exactly right, still. Plus, I checked the 3 images that Mears used to photo style match and I don't think any of the 3 are dead on. It's possible, I guess, that Sandknit might have tagged it that way, apparently they did it on some baseball jerseys that way in 1981/82, but......Too many buts for me. Just my 2 cents.
    Greg
    Is MEARS trying to win an authenticating account from Grey Flannel? The authenticators for the Hall of Fame need help? I think we should all ask for help in researching a jersey. No one knows everything. If you claim you do, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Banned

The thing about it that bugged me too, is look at that medalist tag, doesn't it look brand new? The one of above it looks older, looks like it's been washed a number of times, but the bottom one looks brand new to me-and that is that one that was normally a 1983 and after tag, right?
    Greg

[quote=both-teams-played-hard;69303]What do we guys think now? Who said MEARS is the end all-be all? Who is to say this baseball jersey and McHale jersey are legit?
    In my opinion, I believe MEARS is wrong. If we could see photos of the McHale and baseball jersey, then I will admit I am wrong. I think the tags are forged. However, this is my opinion, and I am not an expert or authenticator. Why are there so many BIRDS out there?

quote]

Very well said, Warren.