Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Giants Super Bowl Bound!!!!

As a Packers fan this is tough to admit, but the Giants deserve this. They outplayed Green Bay in every way. I would have loved to see Green Bay go, but New York was simply the better team.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Would have preferred a GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS super bowl.

Giants are in, but they're not all that good.

Not all that good? Surely you jest!

The Giants defense has been damn near the best on football. Manning has really started to play smart and show some of his detractors what he is made of. Rookies like Steve Smith, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Kevin Boss have stepped up and become leaders. The Giants suffered through a series of key player injuries and have held their own. They traveled all the way to England and pulled off a win in the mud puddle known as Wembley stadium. Brandon Jacobs is a monster and has made people forget Tiki Barber. Hell, even Plaxico Burress has remembered how to catch a football!

The Giants have reeled off 10 straight road wins, an NFL record. They have beaten Tampa Bay, Dallas and now Green Bay, all top ranked teams. They damn near beat the Pats at the end of the season. Beating Green Bay at home against Brett Favre is HUGE. It was one of the coldest game in NFL history in a stadium where the "experts" said that the Giants had no chance of winning. Tnes kicked the longest field goal by any opponent in Packers play off history.

To say that the Giants aren't all that good, is nonsense. They earned this win, just like all of the others. Even if they don't win the Super Bowl, they earned the right to play in it.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Not all that good? Surely you jest!

The Giants defense has been damn near the best on football. Manning has really started to play smart and show some of his detractors what he is made of. Rookies like Steve Smith, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Kevin Boss have stepped up and become leaders. The Giants suffered through a series of key player injuries and have held their own. They traveled all the way to England and pulled off a win in the mud puddle known as Wembley stadium. Brandon Jacobs is a monster and has made people forget Tiki Barber. Hell, even Plaxico Burress has remembered how to catch a football!

The Giants have reeled off 10 straight road wins, an NFL record. They have beaten Tampa Bay, Dallas and now Green Bay, all top ranked teams. They damn near beat the Pats at the end of the season. Beating Green Bay at home against Brett Favre is HUGE. It was one of the coldest game in NFL history in a stadium where the "experts" said that the Giants had no chance of winning. Tnes kicked the longest field goal by any opponent in Packers play off history.

To say that the Giants aren't all that good, is nonsense. They earned this win, just like all of the others. Even if they don't win the Super Bowl, they earned the right to play in it.

Jim
    Hey Jim, don't get so defensive. There's nothing wrong with a little luck (lol).

Good for the Giants. Next game, tough road game

I think the Pats will be a pretty tall order for the Giants, even though as of late they are playing as good as or better than anyone in the league.

In my sports memorabilia collecting endeavors, I collect sports action figures. Anyone know where I can find one of these LT Ltd. Edition versions of him supporting his team. For as classy of a guy as he will tell you he is, never moving off the bench one time to talk to teammates or show any moral support speaks volumes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Hey Jim, don't get so defensive. There's nothing wrong with a little luck (lol).

Good for the Giants. Next game, tough road game

Haha, I'm not defensive, just basking in our good season!

As far as being a tough road game, the Giants seem to play well on the road as of late and they gave the Pats a run for their money in the last meeting. It should be a really, really good game.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    I think the Pats will be a pretty tall order for the Giants, even though as of late they are playing as good as or better than anyone in the league.

In my sports memorabilia collecting endeavors, I collect sports action figures. Anyone know where I can find one of these LT Ltd. Edition versions of him supporting his team. For as classy of a guy as he will tell you he is, never moving off the bench one time to talk to teammates or show any moral support speaks volumes.

That is, perhaps, one of the funniest things that I've ever seen in my life. Thanks for sharing!

Jim

The Pats were a pretty good team that played the Bears in '85.

Should the 2007 Pats make a music video? Maybe include Giselle?

Name:  SuperBowlShuffle_Bears.gif
Views: 191
Size:  90.8 KB

I agree with you and was surprised by the numerous pics of LT sitting on the bench by himself. You need to find the version with LT with his helmet on with the Hannibal facemask sitting on the bench as that is the collector's item.

Congrats to the NY Giants and for showing everyone you can win big games without Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    That is, perhaps, one of the funniest things that I've ever seen in my life. Thanks for sharing!

Jim
    Jim,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I laughed when I saw it, too. I had actually seen it on another site this morning, and thought that someone was very creative to Photoshop a bench into the package. It turns out that's the real deal - this is actually how LT's action figure is sold - with him sitting on a friggin' bench! How appropriate.

John

Jim,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I laughed when I saw it, too. I had actually seen it on another site this morning, and thought that someone was very creative to Photoshop a bench into the package. It turns out that's the real deal - this is actually how LT's action figure is sold - with him sitting on a friggin' bench! How appropriate.

John

Next year's set will have Tom Brady sitting on his couch watching the Giants Super Bowl parade on his tv.