Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Pete Incaviglia-even Your Loa Is Worthless!!!!

I always figured Pete was pumping gas somewhere, but then I figured if I posted that and he read it he would come to Vegas and kick my ass.

Howard,

Personally, I am not comfortable with the findings of Dave Bushing/MEARS when it comes to authenticating gloves, so I don't know if speaking to him would ease my mind. For example, the current Rod Carew glove in Vintage Authentics auction http://vintageauthentics.at.truition...aunbr=66662467 that has been authenticated by him as Rod Carew's last game used glove looks to have been manufactured in the mid 90's aprox. 10 years after Carew retired.

What homeowrk did you do on the glove to make you feel comfortable selling it to the public as a game used jeter glove, or did you simply rely on the authenticators...

Banned

As a follow up to my original post that questioned this jersey as being from 1993-

On Thu Feb 16 15:28 , 'iSold It on eBay - North Dallas/Addison \(TX0166\)' <service.tx0166@i-soldit.com> sent:

Hi Howard,
    Pete was just in and his wife was able to identify the jersey as a 2001 or 2002 Phillies Fantasy Camp jersey. So you were right on the timeline as well. It probably wouldn't have had much value at auction, and she wanted to keep it, so he picked it up.

Thanks - I hope you'll bid on some of our other auctions!

David

Cheryl & David Goldstein
    Owners

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    Pete was just in and his wife was able to identify the jersey as a 2001 or 2002 Phillies Fantasy Camp jersey. So you were right on the timeline as well. It probably wouldn't have had much value at auction, and she wanted to keep it, so he picked it up.

Cool, you got to the bottom of this one and saved someone $75.00 for a jersey that should have only sold for $50.00.

Auctually, nice work, it is neat to find errors that may have really been honest errors.

Banned

See So I Was Right Dam Im Good!!!!!!