Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1998 Emmitt Smith jersey eBay?

Hello all. I was wondering what some of our experts think about the Emmitt Smith jersey listed on eBay. It is MEARS graded 8 which is pretty good. It was won in a Mastro auction. I can faintly see on the letter that it was not part of the WETRAK program. What year did the Cowboys start working with Prova? The jersey itself seems to match everything the Cowboys and Emmitt wore. It does have use with 3 team repairs. Does this seem like a legit jersey? It has been mentioned Emmitt saved a lot of his jerseys, but some had to make it out into the hobby, right?ViewItem&item=170186502781&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkp arms=tab%

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?3DWatching

Thanks in advance
    Scott

Re: 1998 Emmitt Smith jersey eBay?

Cowboy jerseys are tough...i now at the last equipment sale hey had over 200 no name no number 2005 jerseys. You see these sell for $40-$80 on ebay all the time. It doesn't take much for these to be turned into gamers with number kits. Cowboys have sold game issued as game used for years before We trak, Prova, and Game Exclusives. Unfortunantly the market is flooded with bad jerseys...so findind a good one is almost impossible to prove.

Worldchamps,
    That is what I was thinking. To plunk down that kind of money is risky without ironclad proof. Anyone else?
    Scott

In the lower right corner of the MEARS COA where it states use it says "light" and where it states Team Repairs it says "No". Where does it say it has team repairs?

Thanks,
    Dave

The item description from the seller states "The jersey displays standard running back wear with three team repairs." As pointed out, the LOA states no team repairs. And light wear for a game-used Runningback jersey? Yikes!

wonder why the jersey got a grade as high as an A8???