Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Autographs on a Game Used Jersey?

Hello Members,

I was curious what peoples thoughts are on getting game used jerseys autographed?

Does autographing a game used jersey bring it up in value?
    Also does having them put an inscription on it make it more valuable/
    ( I have noticed most autographed jerseys just have the players name and maybe the number )

Would you guys reccomend to do it or not?

I have felt the best place to do it is towards the bottom of the jersey any other advice?

Re: Autographs on a Game Used Jersey?

Autographs on jerseys depends on what you like. I think you have to ask yourself a few questions like, are you going to keep the jersey forever or resell the jersey down the road? Remember, not all people like autographs. Some think it decreases the value and would never buy one that has an autograph. Some do not mind autographs on the inside of a jersey where it cannot be seen, others like to display with an autograph on the outside. It's personal preference

Me? I ask myself only one question....was the jersey autographed when they wore it in the game?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PK
    Me? I ask myself only one question....was the jersey autographed when they wore it in the game?
    PK i like everything you said especially this line!!!

I agree and makes good sense, just like the line saying - if it aint broke dont fix it!!!

just make sure you have a loa for the autograph as well as a loa for the jersey, then youll be in the MONEY, assuming the loa isnt from (fill in the blank)

Banned

Hello Flaco, no the jersey is real and the autograph will be too. I have the jersey and will have the opportunity coming up soon to meet with the player. I am just contem;plating if I should have it autographed or leave it alone as is?

Personally, I don't really care too much for the autographed jersey. One case where I do actually like the autograph is when the player has written "game used on xx/xx/xx" ASSUMING there is a legit accompanying LOA. It is kind of like a mini-provenance.

Roger

Banned

Ok, I'll be the first to dissent. I'm not such a purist to think that an autograph takes away anything from a gamer. IMO, I think it enhances the piece and makes for a better display. Just my opinion. I've read others opinions as to where, ie. on the lower front by the tag or on the back, ie. the number. I prefer the sig on a number and on the back.
    No, it wasn't signed when he used it, but then again... he ain't using it anymore.

Banned

Everyone has great ideas I guess it just falls back on me if it is something I want. I do appreciate all your opinions

For the most part, I like my game used jerseys autographed. If I do have a jersey signed, it is on the number on the back. Lessens the chance of bleeding. Silver on a dark number is the best. I recently had 2 jerseys autographed, and they look great.

Banned

BULBUS I do agree silver does look best on a dark number. BULBUS but that is actually the worst to use for an autograph on a jersey, bcuz it fades over time. It doesn't last long on mateirial.