Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Lampson List

Spent a good few hours piecing this together....I made a page with all of the MLB items in auction houses that were obvious fakes and/or questionable items from Lampson. If I missed any other posts that involve MLB items from Lampson, PLMK so I can add the link to the list.

http://gameused.webs.com/stayawayfromlampson.htm

Re: The Lampson List

Thanks for taking time to make up the list.......in my opinion.....EVERY sports item with a Lampson LOA should be on that list!
    "All suspects are guilty until proven innocent in the court of law":D

cjduffield@cablespeed.com

Banned

[quote=PudgePollyMillerFan;69352]Thanks for taking time to make up the list.......in my opinion.....EVERY sports item with a Lampson LOA should be on that list![/quote

Ill agree with pudge!!!

Kyle great job!!!

Kyle - Great listing. If you go through archives of when Eric first started the Forum on Network54, there are some great posts.

Here is one of my favorites (which I started on Lampson Ripken jerseys) back in March 2005.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/37997...an+Memorabilia

Andrew

Kyle -

I know that what you are doing is in the best interests of the forum/collecting community...but be careful. It would stink if the auction houses/Lampson came down on you with litigation. You may want to put a disclaimer or something. You are a good kid, and college is on the horizon - just be careful.

Your friend in STL

Dave

Banned

BigTruck you dont know Lampson that well, he will never come out of hiding, he has been sought after for years with questions and comments and other reasons for contact and he will not make his contact information available anywhere.

I am Kyle in turn is doing nothing wrong he is just pointing out problems with Jerseys that are not consistant to other jerseys of the same year or style. Which later was authenticated by Lampson.

No one knows how to get in touch with him except for a magical wizard that the auction houses hire to summon up "ole ye great Lampson"

That's cool Suave - I figured someone would set me straight about him...
    I just finished reading the thread about ESA...and apparently there are some other shady folks out there.

Dave

Kyle-

I'm not sure it's fair to say a Mariano Rivera jersey is fake because it doesn't come with Steiner paperwork...
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Kyle,
    It sure makes for some interesting reading.

My opinion - I think you might want to replace the word "fakes" with something a little less direct. Maybe "questionable" or "alleged" would be safer words to use on a website with your name on it. I'm no lawyer, but you may be taking a pretty strong stand on this.

We all know Lampson holds no credibility here and won't defend his side in a public forum. I'm just saying to be carefull.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    Kyle,

My opinion - I think you might want to replace the word "fakes" with something a little less direct. Maybe "questionable" or "alleged" would be safer words to use on a website with your name on it. I'm no lawyer, but you may be taking a pretty strong stand on this.
    I agree. However, my collection needs a "cease and desist" letter from Lampson's attorneys. Framed. Beware of the Law offices of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. Those guys ring bells!