Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bat paint flaking?????

Has this happened to anyone else....It has remained this way for a couple years now. I am not sure if it eventually will all peel off or not????

If anyone is interested, I would sell for $100 shipped

If anyone has contacts with a card company maybe they would buy to cut up and put on cards????

rangersstars@yahoo.com

Re: Bat paint flaking?????

yeah i have a scott hatteberg bat like that and alot of the paint has chipped off.

Here is a Lenny Harris with the same issue:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It is the only bat I have ever had do this, I think Raffy (or the Rangers) might have had them in storage too long, ?? not sure

It is a double dipped bat, you can see where there is regular black wood and then where the second coat was appplied, there is a small tape like ring to show where the seperation of paint is.

I think he might have rubbed HGH or bat this bat a B-12 shot!!!!

I have a Jorge Posada Black LVS that looks like that and has that problem also.Never understood why.But I like the bat and really don't care.

Does this happen to all black bats, or is there a reason for this? I am just getting into the game used field and want to make sure this doesn't happen to my new pieces.

Bumping this up to see if anyone has more info on this? Is this something that may happen to all of our black bats over time?
    Thanks.

ML

I have black bats from the 1993-2000 seasons which don't have this problem. I have stored some of these bats in a storage bin away from the light and the bin is air tight. Some others i have displayed on a wall rack.

I really think it has to do with the fact that some of these bats were double dipped and makes for a thicker finish more prone to this type of wear. On the black bats I have you can still see the wood grain. On these bats you cannot perhaps?

I did own a 2003 Posada WS bat which was double dipped and i did notice some of the same patterns starting to form on it before I sold it.

David

Perhaps BHM can help out on this one...

I have a Sandy Alomar Jr. also from the Rangers that is doing the same thing. I wonder if it could be that they store all the bats together, some with tape and others with not. If not maybe the humidity here in Texas makes the paint come off when stored to long?