Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Albert Pujols Bat-serious Issues And Problems

I also wonder about the Game Used Brandon Backe hat up for auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brandon-Backe-20...QQcmdZViewItem

Check out these two purchases made two months ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8729562180
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8731129442

Obviously, there's no way of knowing if the size 7 hat bought on eBay turned into the game used hat, but that's why I hate game used hats. They're too easy to fake.
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

What about the fact that a possible buyer asked if the bat was ever in 2 separate pieces and Chris specifically said he did not know.

Come on, this is definately intentional misleading.

Jason

Way too many red flags here. It's a shame, maybe $180,000 a year isn't enough for some people.

Banned

I got to admit guys i was feeling bad about the way you were bashing chris but after seeing the game used hat ad that was previsouly posted. WOW THAT IS SCARY AND WAY TO COINCIDENTAL, I will definitely NOT take any chances from buying from GAME-USED-BATS

Lock him up, I say.

Personally i'm glad this came up and started an interesting debate about the restoration of cracked bats.

Banned

***post Removed***

Banned

All,

I feel this issue has been elevated farther than I imagined it could. It seems like hysteria to me personally. Apparently I am ruining the hobby for some. Let me state a few brief facts about my thinking on this:

1. The Albert Pujols bat is REAL, not fake. I received the bat and it was a great piece. It was not fake!

2. Whether it was used in Spring, regular season, batting cage, it was a nice Pujols bat. TRUE - I did not diclose that in my listing. This is part of the reason I ended the eBay auction.

3. I did repair the bat with additional pine tar added to the area of repair. TRUE - I did not disclose that in my listing. This is part of the reason I ended the auction.

4. When I received the bat, black electrical tape had been applied to one end of the crack. The bat did appear to be split through, but when the tape was removed, the bat was not in two pieces. I did not want to "break" the bat, so I left it intact and made the repairs to the appropriate areas. One small piece of wood was needed to finish the repair, with minor sanding. Pine tar was added to the sanded area to bring the visual appeal back to the bat. I answered the clearly posted this in the listing as it was a true statement.

5. I did add the black stars (2) to the knob. I did not state that in the eBay listing, rather, said Pujols added them. This was not true and I will admit deceptive in nature. I can't honestly tell you what was going through my mind, but again, all I can plead is a rushed listing and use of my standard format. TRUE - Because of my lack of responsibility in this error, I have not, and will not claim anything other than deception.

6. This Pujols bat was the 13th bat I have added this "marker" to. In my OPINION (opinions can be wrong in the eyes of others), this is a "good" method for tracking items. I do know one thing, if that bat ever shows up on the market again, everyone on this board will know. If readers think this is wrong of me to do, I am sorry. I am not convinced it is a bad thing to do and it has served me well in the past. TRUE - I did not disclose that I added this in the auction listing.

7. I did end the listing! I removed the bat from eBay. I felt this was the right thing to do. I received mutliple e-mails, some of which from forum members, asking to buy the bat. I sold the bat with full disclosure of my adding the stars, repair of the bat, including adding pine tar over the sanded area.

8. As for the Backe hats, I am offended that someone would accuse me or buying those hats on eBay and turning them into "game worn" hats. Brandon Backe signed this hat for me personally on the Astros Winter Caravan. The hats I purchased on eBay were gifts for relatives as they have become very hard to come by. I have been obtaining items from various Astros clubhouse sources for over 18 years. I am truely offended. Do any of you purchase items on eBay for personal use or other means than game used collecting?

What more do you want from me? I don't want people to think I am dishonest. I am 27 year old that has been collecting since I was 9 years old. Even though I am young, I have seen more than most of the people on this forum, have worked for 2 professional baseball organizations, and am now a professional in the energy business.

Howard has had it out for me since I called him on the Berkman jersey. He chose not to address the issue in a public forum. This time is about me! I was asked to be a man and come on here. I am here, willing to answer any questions, and I think I have done a good job. I ended the listing as would have been expected considering the questions that arose. I sold the item with full disclosure and if the bat ever shows up again, you will see it. In a world of thousands of Pujols XBats, Mizunos, and Pujols bats used by other players, this was a REAL Pujols.

I have never sold a "fake" item that I knew about. I have never fabricated an item either. I have never sold an item I have questions with. I have always offered refunds to buyers once they inspected the item.

I respectfully ask for people to not accuse me of selling fake items. No one has presented any evidence that I have done so now or in the past. If I choose to add graffiti to every item I obtain, then that is my choice with my property.

Thank you for hearing me out!

Chris
    ccboyd@houston.rr.com
    713-385-1155

Banned

You all should be ashamed of some of the comments above. You may not like the explication Chris gave about the bat, but the hat comments are out of line and without any proof - Just speculation.

This is a problem of the forum, children can't discuss the issue, they like to attack the person involved. Right, wrong or so-so, people made comments that are unfair without a complete trial-discussion by all parties involved.

I personally am not a fan of Chris Boyd after comments he made about how I ruin the forum mentioning what strippers are in my bedroom or talking about sports betting without mentioning me by name, but I will stick up for him right now.

Not because what he did was right or wrong, but because immature people made comments are stuck names on Chris that didn't even give him a chance to respond. Also because he was accused of tampering with a game used ball cap with absolutely no evidence against him.

Stand up and be adults people, otherwise we will continue to lose members who may be useful to our forum, even if they have had activity that is semi-unethical. They are needed to come here to defend their activity and join in on other topics.

Please, think about my comments and remember them, even if the user is offended because I like to mention who is in my bedroom.

Banned

The problem caused by Chris altering the Albert Pujols bat and not disclosing those alterations creates doubts about the possiblity that he has or would alter other items that he sells. I have never purchased from Chris and do not know him and I have no reason to believe that he is anything but honest. But, he showed very poor judgment in attempting to sell an item with an undisclosed alteration. Adding any markings or additional pine tar is deceptive and should never be tolerated. However, each of us will have to make up our minds about buying from him or anyone who alters game used items. As an active game used bat collector, I would never buy a bat that had been altered but that is my preference. Some collectors may not care, but they should be informed about the alteration. Presenting an item in an open and honest way is only fair play.