Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Banned

Thumbs up Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Back at the 1983 National, a person still active in the hobby today (although not universally loved nor respected) was showing off by flashing $1500 in hundred dollar bills at a table when he set the money down on the table to look at a seller's jersey. Needless to say, while he was inspecting the potential purchase, some anonymous attendee grabbed the wad of bills and slithered off before anyone noticed. Of course, if someone's flashing cash and trying to play high roller publicly, they're kind of bringing this on themselves.

Dave Miedema

Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Not lost in the traditional sense, but in 1985 I sold a large group of game used bats for about an average of $10 each. Though many great players were included (Ozzie Smith, Dave Winfield), I'd sure like to get my 1969 Jose Arcia autographed gamer back one day.

Former Penn State star and Heisman Trophy Winner John Cappelletti had his house recently broken into.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...ti-burglarized

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- Southern California authorities are investigating the theft of sports memorabilia and jewelry from the home of former football star John Cappelletti, the 1973 Heisman Trophy winner from Penn State.

Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said Tuesday that the burglary occurred on or around Jan. 20 at Cappelletti's home in Laguna Niguel.

Amormino says he cannot say specifically what items were taken but they do relate to Cappelletti's playing days at Penn State and NFL years with the Los Angeles Rams and the San Diego Chargers.

The spokesman says Cappelletti released a statement describing some of the items as irreplaceable and saying he would consider offering a reward for their return.
    Burglaries are not common in Laguna Niguel, an upscale community about 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

This weekend a Johnny Damon home white Rays jersey was lost/stolen from my collection. There are only 3 home whites of his that i know of so if one hits the market please let me know. Thanks.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Not a biggie, but a FedEx Ground package containing a Phillies GU #3 cap (post-Dale Murphy) that was delivered to me never got in my hands. Apparently the driver chose to leave the package by the front door (no signature) and take off. Not totally surprising...of the delivery companies that bring parcles here, FedEx Ground is the worst.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Angry Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Not a biggie, but a FedEx Ground package containing a Phillies GU #3 cap (post-Dale Murphy) that was delivered to me never got in my hands. Apparently the driver chose to leave the package by the front door (no signature) and take off. Not totally surprising...of the delivery companies that bring parcles here, FedEx Ground is the worst.

Dave Miedema
    After 8 days, the mystery has been solved....error on the FedEx Ground driver.

A woman rang the bell and handed me the package...she opened it thinking it was hers, and then saw the address and realized it wasn't. The contents were just fine, and the woman explained that her son was a cxollector, and she realized how I might be looking for this.

The woman, as it turns out, is a former down-the-block neighbor of mine. The package, clearly addressed by the seller as 1925 Grove, was instead dropped off at 1925 Kenilworth...not even the same street, and the street I moved from (at a different address nyumber) almost 2 years ago. Thank God that the woman was honest and realized the nature of the contents.

Dave Miedema

My fathers home was broken into years ago while I was away at college, I was storing my game used bat collection there, and the burglars made of with about a dozen of my bats....most were not big names and ones I had bought off ebay or from other collectors....there were two that really hurt. If these have ended up in someones collection, or they are seen I would love to know, no questions asked but they have sentimental value and I would like to add them back into my collection ....

Griffey Jr .... saved up money all summer for this guy, I was a huge Griffey fan and this was my favorite bat at the time:

Name:  IMG_2925.jpg
Views: 1541
Size:  89.2 KB

Molitor .... Paul actually gave my brother and I this bat during one of his final seasons with the twins:

Name:  IMG_2922.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  88.3 KB

Banned

Unhappy 2 Cubs 1995 BP jerseys

I have a strong hunch that these were swiped by a non-collector Cubs fan who stayed with us for several months, but was jailed for something unrelated. The jerseys are Cubs (Cuba-front) blue mesh Majestic BPs from 1995 (no year tags) of #35 Bob Patterson and #45 Kent Bottenfield. Reward is offered, and jerseys are likely still in the Chicago area. Thanks.

Dave Miedema
    sox83cubs84@hotmail.com