• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Re: Stolen Items

Originally posted by JETEFAN
    Hi,

Would the GUU Administration consider adding a topic category, like General discussion, For Sale, etc. to list items stolen (Transit, robbery etc.) so that we may list pictures of these stolen or lost items and at least limit the avenues of sale to these theives. Opinions and thoughts?

George
    George, great idea!
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• RobSteinmetz
      • Jan 1970

George,

Start a thread about this in the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion forum and I'll make it "sticky" - similar to the thread about game issued items.

Rob
      Rob Steinmetz
      www.authenticgamers.com
      authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

• JETEFAN
        • Dec 2005

Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Hi

Here are some pics of a Frank Thomas early 90's LS stolen through the USPS System.

Harvesttrustinv@aol.com

Thnks
        George
        Attached Files

Comment

• JETEFAN
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RobSteinmetz
          George,

Start a thread about this in the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion forum and I'll make it "sticky" - similar to the thread about game issued items.

Rob
          Thanks for the help Rob, thread started !!

George

Comment

• mchmaj
            • Nov 2005

Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

i lost 1998 david cone yankees grey jersey with tagged CONE-98 during xmas rush season in 2005 , i sent it via USPS priority to syosset, NY to a guy with ebay acct of SPLIT2323, changed to somewhat names.... and the david cone jersey was lost in the mail...... i wuld like to know if any of you see david cone yankees 1998 grey jersey around, its MINE, as i already refunded $$ to him ...is there any chance the guy split2323 got it and never told me ??
            let me know
            thanks
            marcus

Comment

• RobSteinmetz
              • Jan 1970

Marcus,

Might help to post photos of the Cone jersey, as there are likely several 1998 road jerseys of his on the market. If you need help, send them to me and I'll post them for you.

Best,

Rob
              Rob Steinmetz
              www.authenticgamers.com
              authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

• mchmaj
                • Nov 2005

problem is i cannot find the pictures in my file, its common yankees grey jersey with CONE-98 tag below the size tag of russell, NEW YORK on the front with #36 on the back size 46
                thanks

Comment

• mchmaj
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mchmaj
                  problem is i cannot find the pictures in my file, its common yankees grey jersey with CONE-98 tag below the size tag of russell, NEW YORK on the front with #36 on the back size 46
                  thanks
                  NEVER MIND i found it thur finder on the computer
                  heres the pictures............
                  Attached Files

Comment

• BULBUS
                    • Nov 2005

Hey Marcus, please email me at donnie23fan@yahoo.com.

I sent a package UPS and the item was listed as delivered, but the buyer never got it. The buyer didnt purchase additional insurance so he only got back UPS's standard $100 of a $600 purhase. Anyway here are pictures of a Yankee Stadium game used base from 9-18-04 vs. the Boston Red Sox signed by Derek Jeter (comes with a Steiner LOA)

Click image for larger version

Name:	base1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	641957

Click image for larger version

Name:	base3.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	641958

From now on, insurance is included in my s/h price and I pay for signature confirmation.
                    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                    sigpic
                    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2005

Question, were any of these items actually reported as stolen to the local police? If not, I would suggest that be done.

All of the items show are unique items. As such, once they are reported stolen, the police can add serial numbers, tagging schemes, usage on the bat etc when the individual item is logged into the NCIC/SCIC computer system.

If any item(s) shown up on eBay, eBay WILL cooperate with law-enforcement.

Jim

Comment

• bigtruck260
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cohibasmoker
                        Question, were any of these items actually reported as stolen to the local police? If not, I would suggest that be done.

All of the items show are unique items. As such, once they are reported stolen, the police can add serial numbers, tagging schemes, usage on the bat etc when the individual item is logged into the NCIC/SCIC computer system.

If any item(s) shown up on eBay, eBay WILL cooperate with law-enforcement.

Jim
                        Jim -

The police will not do anything with UPS becasue they are a private service entitiy. I have tried that before.

The best excuse I have heard is: "What kind of moron places his $70,000/yr job on the line for a stupid bat.?"

And they wonder why people suddenly snap.

Dave
                        Dave
                        Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                        River City Redbird Authentics
                        http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Many bats are stolen by UPS employees. They are easy to identify and UPS delivery people will still leave an empty box, knowing the contents are missing. Must find a better way to mail a bat so it's not so obvious it's a bat.

This was my post from the past thread about this subject:

When it happened to me, I was so lucky that I saw the UPS guy running away from my house and towards his truck. When I yelled to him that the box was empty, which was obvious, and he then came back and I could tell he was playing dumb. No way could he not tell the box was empty, especially when one end was open. Oh, the tube was in there, but not the bat. If it fell out, the entire contents including the tube would have fallen out. Yes, someone definately attempted to steal it. I called and then ran straight down to UPS. Yes, by the time I got to UPS, they found the bat. They said it slipped out somehow and they found it. Yeah, I bought that story.

I got lucky. Many don't. How people can rob and steal from others in the performance of their duties, is beyond me. We live is a greedy society. Truly sad!

Regards, Tony
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• mchmaj
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mchmaj
                            NEVER MIND i found it thur finder on the computer
                            heres the pictures............
                            guys, i need your help... i finally found split2323's email address and i emailed him saying "subject: hello there, david cone yankees grey 1998 jersey i sold to you and you told me u didnt get it but theres a story about you so i wuld like have it back and please ship the cone jersey to my address." he replied back "i cannot read ur emails, are you 3 years old
                            cone i never got any cone from you, want to make up storys, how about all bad stuff you sell want to start with that
                            you have way to much time on your hands

im going to start a thread about your bad sttuff, dont email me again with this bull****, i paid you,you never sent it, i asked you what proff+you had none
                            dont email me again i cant be wasting my time look out for what im going to write about you"

then i replied back go ahead i dont care you did the same thing to other people and i sent it with correct zip code and everything... i dont care what happened and i do understand so pls send it back and problem will be gone
                            smile
                            then he replied back "dont have your cone never got it
                            go back to school and learn to read+write
                            LOL,
                            then i replied back saying you can make it up and send it back to me and i will tell people that you made up and everything and i am sure you are a good guy inside you...... and then he blocked my email, AS he already blocked my old email ....
                            so i really need your help, and what shuld i do ?
                            hes in syossett, NY and i think he still have my jersey from what i read his emails.......
                            let me know
                            thanks
                            marcus

Comment

• JETEFAN
                              • Dec 2005

Guys,

It's great to get all the input on the stolen item stories, but lets try to keep this post to strickly post pictures and brief synopsis of where it was stolen, this way members can easily see the items without having to scroll thru all the comments. There is a thread for all the stories.

Thanks
                              George

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
                                • Sep 2007

ok well I will start off on all the stuff my ex stole from me.
                                If anyone has received or seen for sale in the last 2 years any large number of Oakland A's game used gear (including Huston street cleats, Jason Isringhausen cleats, Kevin Appier cleats. Johnny Damon batting helmet) or some autographed Athletics bobbleheads please let me know at the following email

Mdragon75@aim.com

There was also a Barry Zito game used bat in the same lot of stuff and close to 200 autographed baseballs. alot of just random autographs plus team signed balls from 2000 through 2005, 2 Tony Gwynn sweet spots balls, 3 Ryne Sandbergs, 1 Frank Robinson. 2 Paul Molitor, several Zito's, Tim Hudsons, Mark Mulders, Huston Streets as well.

Now on to recent thefts after reading your threads I was the victim of UPS theft. My mother had gotten me a Jay Payton and Donnie Murphy bats at the A's fanfest and had shipped them to me. One tube showed up empty and the other tube did not show up and has an "exception" listed for the tracking.

Comment

Working...