Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Stolen Canseco Bats!!!

Thanks for all the help. I am thinking about calling the Long Beach Police. Surely these will turn up somewhere or they could have been taken by a fellow teammate as a momento. It was really special to me so I hope to get it back somehow. If anyone can post a photo of it from the book I would appreciate it. I still cannot figure out how to post pics.

Thanks, Todd Ricks

Re: Stolen Canseco Bats!!!

That's pretty lame that someone would steal them. I hope you get them back.

-Jason M

Banned

Nfl Hall Of Fame Ring Stolen!!

Just saw this on eBay. The auction number is: 160140915566

Maybe a forum member can help in tracking down the thief(s).

DO NOT BID!!!! PLEASE DO NOT BID!!! CALLING ALL REAL SPORTS FANS!! WE NEED YOUR HELP.FORMER ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE STAR AND FORMER NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SUPERSTAR NEEDS YOUR HELP!!! JOHN HANNAH, WHO PLAYED FOR LEGENDARY ALABAMA FOOTBALL COACH PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT,AND THE PATRIOTS FROM 1973-1985 AND NFL HALL OF FAMERS HALL OF RING HAS BEEN STOLEN!!!!! MR. HANNAH FIRST NOTICED HIS RING BEING GONE ABOUT A WEEK AGO.MR HANNAH WAS IN DECATUR ALABAMA.THIS IS A CALL TO ALL TRUE SPORTS FANS AND REAL COLLECTORS IF YOUR HAVE ANY INFO LEADING TO THE RETURN OF THIS RING WILL BE REWARDED.THIS IS A GREAT PART OF THIS MAN'S LIFE THAT NEEDS TO BE RETURNED TO HIM!! NO QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED WE JUST WANT HIS RING RETURNED,IF YOU LIVE AROUND THE DECATUR ALABAMA AREA PLEASE BE ON THE LOOK OUT AND CONTACT US AT MT STORE AT 256-355-0141,OR BY E-MAIL OR CONTACT THE POLICE THEN US!!! LIKE I SAID MR. HANNAH HAS OFFERED A REWARD FOR HIS RING! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ONCE AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION!!!! PLEASE DO NOT BID

Stolen Soriano

I had a box of bats broken in to while in transit. In the box, there was a great Alfonso Soriano game used SAM bat from 2003 from the Yankees with Steiner hologram on it stolen from a bat box which was delivered by UPS.

It is a blonde SAM bat with taped handle and pine tar on the label and a repaired crack and on the cupped end of the bat are:

35"
    33oz.
    08 13 03
    AS 12

I filed a Police report and also filed with UPS. If anyone sees the Soriano appear on eBay or anywhere else, please notify me as I am offering a $250 reward for anyone who can help me recover this bat. I figure it will eventually show up.

thanks. Andrew

Re: Stolen Soriano

Best of luck Andrew - Lets all help him out here.

Andrew - any idea where it was stolen from? City, State?

Banned

What the serial number on the hologram?

Jim

Thanks for the responses as I really appreciate it. I always thought that the boxes get weighed in along the way from driver to sorting facility and back to each driver but UPS said that isn't the case so the box dropped in weight somewhere along the way with no way to determine where the Soriano dropped out of sight. UPS said that the drivers are visually searched and wanded as they leave the facility so they think if it was foul play it would have been taken along the route.

They are telling me now they think the possibility that the box ripped by weighted force so maybe the bats dropped out due to a shift in weight and weren't stolen and be found. Another interesting theory.

As far as #'d Steiner holograms---this was hologram'd under the old system so it didn't have the number but luckily it has the SAM bat batch number #3462 to identify it.

Bob Malandro from Steiner is helping look for my original invoice too as I can't locate that either as luckily I have insurance so cash-wise I should be close to OK. This is just more of being pissed off by getting ripped off. There is a Forum member that wanted to buy the bat too so I feel bad for him also. There were other bats of lesser value in the box too.

Thanks again. Andrew

Sorry to hear about that.It sucks and I hope you find the bat soon.

Stolen Items

Hi,

Would the GUU Administration consider adding a topic category, like General discussion, For Sale, etc. to list items stolen (Transit, robbery etc.) so that we may list pictures of these stolen or lost items and at least limit the avenues of sale to these theives. Opinions and thoughts?

George