X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Hodges bat in route from Colorado to NY is found.

It was delivered today (USPS Priority mail 8 day special i guess).

Thanks
    David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• BMH
      • Jul 2007

Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Alright, we have one missing or should I say MLB does...

Good Morning America received the Mother's Day bats of Arod and Jeter. Both have been hit with and were signed. Anyway after the story they were sent back to MLB but only the Arod bat showed up. So if anyone spots a pink Jeter bat, signed and having ball marks on any site please let me know. I can't really say it was stolen but it is lost.
      Brian Hillerich

Comment

• The Lumber Company
        • Dec 2005

UPS Willie Stargell Bat

Hello.
        I just sent a package with three bats to someone in the Pittsburgh area. The package was missing an awesome Willie Stargell bat.....it was already graded by everyone. I am trying to get scans of the COA's.....as soon as I get them I will let everyone know more details.
        Thanks for any help....I was hoping that if it turned up at the national that someone could notify me.

It has the markings of more of a 65-68 but was graded as a 1971 due to a unique order.
        Thanks,
        Marty Wallach
        813-416-0434
        Attached Files

Comment

• JCC1968
          • Nov 2005

Game used items stolen by wife

Hi

Just wondering, I wanted Jim Leyritz to confirm the cleats I have were his used in the 1999 World Series. He said he will not sign anything that was stolen from him. He also said he wanted the cleats back. This brings up several questions:

1) who leagally owes the cleats?

2) does he was any legal standpoint on the cleats?

3) Has this happened to anyone else?

In retrospect. Hollywood Rick has had them for three years. Mrs. Leyritz has signed a COA with them. They had been up on his website. what do you guys think?

Jason

Comment

• David
            • Sep 2024

Re: Game used items stolen by wife

If the were stolen from him, they are his not yours. You can't legally purchase and own items that are stolen.

However, you don't know that they were stolen. Just because he says she stole them, doesn't automatically prove it true. In a marital property marriage, the wife owns the stuff as much as the husband, and she may or may not have assumed legal ownership after breakup.

If they were stolen, you would have legal right to get your money back.

Comment

• David
              • Sep 2024

You should try and contact the wife, as she may offer a different version of the events, possibly with a divorce lawyer to back it up.

Comment

• yanks12025
                • Jan 2006

Did this happen or are you just asking to find what you could do if it ever happened. If it did happen like you are saying he would need to show proof that they were stolen, and if he did then their his.

Comment

• David
                  • Sep 2024

One last note-- and I should say I have no opinion on the ownership of your items, and am offering no opinion on the coach--, but I once had a player's lawyer contact me to say an expensive item I won at auction was stolen from the player and I should return it. After minimal research by the auction house president, records showed that the item was not only never stolen from the player, but the player never owned it. I gave these facts to the lawyer, and he never returned message. So I learned that just because someone official claims something was stolen, doesn't automatically mean it was stolen.

Comment

• David
                    • Sep 2024

I agree with Yanks. Even if they are stolen, he has to have proof of it. Legal recovery of items involves more than pointing at random things on the street and saying "That was stolen from me." You have to provide proof.

Comment

• David
                      • Sep 2024

One last little tidbit to ponder about vintage equipment, like jerseys, pants, shoes, equipment bag. Was a player ever the owner of the items? Or were they always owned by the team? If a player took home his equipment bag after the season, did he have legal right to the bag? How much of an old time player's stuff was taken without permission from his employer? Likely quite a bit.

Comment

• JCC1968
                        • Nov 2005

Hi

This is a real case . I am going through this now with the cleats from my other posts. The funny thing is that i have a written COA from his ex wife Mrs. Leyritz confirming the cleats as game used.

Thanks
                        Jason

Comment

• Danny899
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by David
                          One last note-- and I should say I have no opinion on the ownership of your items, and am offering no opinion on the coach--, but I once had a player's lawyer contact me to say an expensive item I won at auction was stolen from the player and I should return it. After minimal research by the auction house president, records showed that the item was not only never stolen from the player, but the player never owned it. I gave these facts to the lawyer, and he never returned message. So I learned that just because someone official claims something was stolen, doesn't automatically mean it was stolen.

You are quite correct. Anyone can make an allegation of theft. If it was in fact stolen there should be a police report documenting the theft. Then if it turns up down the road it is in fact stolen property. Of course proving intent is a whole different story.

Comment

• nyjetsfan14
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by David
                            If the were stolen from him, they are his not yours. You can't legally purchase and own items that are stolen.

However, you don't know that they were stolen. Just because he says she stole them, doesn't automatically prove it true. In a marital property marriage, the wife owns the stuff as much as the husband, and she may or may not have assumed legal ownership after breakup.

If they were stolen, you would have legal right to get your money back.

A guy can't even get his own d##n shoes in a divorce settlement these days

Comment

• mvandor
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2007

Do you know him or her personally? You write as though you do.

I'm sure there are divorce papers covering who got what, if you want the cleats that bad tell him to produce some backup for his claim they were "stolen" or are his under the divorce settlement.

Of course, you can count on never getting them signed if you fight him over this.

But, given his legal problems these days, he's about as likely as O.J. to come after you over these...

Oh wait, hmmm. Well, at least stay away from Vegas if you decide to keep 'em.

Comment

• JCC1968
                                • Nov 2005

Hi

I don't know Jim personally, but i know some of his people. He has in the past signed some of my game used items and personalized them. Something he doesn't like to do. I had an opportuntity to buy the cleats so i did. I never thought they would be stolen.

Thanks
                                Jason

Comment

Working...