Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

This would go under the Lost category

I purchased this bat on ebay on April 24 and the seller sent it out via USPS priority mail on April 25. It's now May 2 and i have not received it.

Bat was in route from Colorado to New York.

I just received a bat from Michigan which was mailed via USPS priority mail on April 30th and arrive to me today May 2nd.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Marcus, please email me at donnie23fan@yahoo.com.

I sent a package UPS and the item was listed as delivered, but the buyer never got it. The buyer didnt purchase additional insurance so he only got back UPS's standard $100 of a $600 purhase. Anyway here are pictures of a Yankee Stadium game used base from 9-18-04 vs. the Boston Red Sox signed by Derek Jeter (comes with a Steiner LOA)

Name:  base1.JPG
Views: 1793
Size:  57.8 KB

Name:  base3.JPG
Views: 1785
Size:  53.5 KB

From now on, insurance is included in my s/h price and I pay for signature confirmation.

Banned

Question, were any of these items actually reported as stolen to the local police? If not, I would suggest that be done.

All of the items show are unique items. As such, once they are reported stolen, the police can add serial numbers, tagging schemes, usage on the bat etc when the individual item is logged into the NCIC/SCIC computer system.

If any item(s) shown up on eBay, eBay WILL cooperate with law-enforcement.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Question, were any of these items actually reported as stolen to the local police? If not, I would suggest that be done.

All of the items show are unique items. As such, once they are reported stolen, the police can add serial numbers, tagging schemes, usage on the bat etc when the individual item is logged into the NCIC/SCIC computer system.

If any item(s) shown up on eBay, eBay WILL cooperate with law-enforcement.

Jim
    Jim -

The police will not do anything with UPS becasue they are a private service entitiy. I have tried that before.

The best excuse I have heard is: "What kind of moron places his $70,000/yr job on the line for a stupid bat.?"

And they wonder why people suddenly snap.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many bats are stolen by UPS employees. They are easy to identify and UPS delivery people will still leave an empty box, knowing the contents are missing. Must find a better way to mail a bat so it's not so obvious it's a bat.

This was my post from the past thread about this subject:

When it happened to me, I was so lucky that I saw the UPS guy running away from my house and towards his truck. When I yelled to him that the box was empty, which was obvious, and he then came back and I could tell he was playing dumb. No way could he not tell the box was empty, especially when one end was open. Oh, the tube was in there, but not the bat. If it fell out, the entire contents including the tube would have fallen out. Yes, someone definately attempted to steal it. I called and then ran straight down to UPS. Yes, by the time I got to UPS, they found the bat. They said it slipped out somehow and they found it. Yeah, I bought that story.

I got lucky. Many don't. How people can rob and steal from others in the performance of their duties, is beyond me. We live is a greedy society. Truly sad!

Regards, Tony

UPS Willie Stargell Bat

Hello.
    I just sent a package with three bats to someone in the Pittsburgh area. The package was missing an awesome Willie Stargell bat.....it was already graded by everyone. I am trying to get scans of the COA's.....as soon as I get them I will let everyone know more details.
    Thanks for any help....I was hoping that if it turned up at the national that someone could notify me.

It has the markings of more of a 65-68 but was graded as a 1971 due to a unique order.
    Thanks,
    Marty Wallach
    813-416-0434
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Kevin Maas New York Yankees game used bat. It was a '91-93 LVS bat since it had the Yankees team name stamped on the barrel. There was lots of tape residue around the barrel. The bat was shipped via UPS by AJ Sports Collectibles. The shipping tube arrived but not the bat. It must have been stolen somewhere during transit.

I will post pics if I can get some from AJ Sports Collectibles.

once i ordered some games cds on ebay and i payed for these cds but till now these cds are not delivered to me.I think that my cds must be stolen during its shipping..

Quote Originally Posted by kakarothusain View Post
    once i ordered some games cds on ebay and i payed for these cds but till now these cds are not delivered to me.I think that my cds must be stolen during its shipping..
    Uh...what?

Stolen Picture From My Collection

Ebay # 360032616787 shows 2 pics of a Larry Bird jersey.
    The one on the manequin is the jersey i have in my collection !!!!!!!!
    visible at:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/converse33

just mailed to the seller, waiting for answer