X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjmedina1
    • Oct 2005

Re: Stolen Game Used Collection...Please Read

If anything comes up here in my town of Bakersfield I will let you know.

Comment

• Canseco44
      • Dec 2006

Stolen Canseco Bats!!!

Just wanted to try and see if anyone on the forum had any info on this subject. Last summer when Jose tried his comeback with the Golden Baseball League, he contacted me after the first game wanting some help. It seems he had sold all of his bats and would have to wait to have some special made for him. All of the bats the League had measured 34" or less. Jose likes to use a 36" 34oz bat so he had a problem. He asked if he could borrow a couple of bats until his came in. I said sure and sent him a list of my bats and the measurements. He requested two of them and I shipped them to him overnight. One was a game used Expos Easton, the other a blonde White Sox SAM bat. I got the SAM bat from Jose originally and it is the one in the photo in his book from the tryout with the Dodgers. While with team it was stolen along with my other bat. I don't know how to post photos so you will have to look in a book or Gettys. I would really like this bat back if anyone has seen it. It is signed Jose Canseco Game Used #31. It also has very distinguished tar markings. Jose did send me two Easton Maple bats from his time with the Long Beach Armada(which are personalized to me To Todd, Thanks for Everything Jose Canseco), but I would like the SAM bat back. If anyone has any info on this or if they turn up in the aftermarket, please let me know at spideyman79@yahoo.com I have rock solid proof of ownership.

Thanks for any help, Todd Ricks
      Todd Ricks
      www.freewebs.com/canseco44
      Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
      Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• Canseco44
        • Dec 2006

Re: Stolen Canseco Bats!!!

Just wanted to add that these were last seen at the Long Beach Armada clubhouse. I have contacted them and they have not seen them. Jose said they were taken from the clubhouse. Surely they will appear on the market sometime. Does anyone know what legal actions I could take if it does surface?

Thanks, Todd
        Todd Ricks
        Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• whatupyos
          Banned
          • Dec 2005

Hey Todd,

I'm really sorry to hear about your bats being jacked! Thats terrible, although it was very generous of you to loan them to Jose to use. I hope one day they will be returned to you. I can't stand thieves!!! In terms of legal action, it would be hard to prove. Say they show up on the market. I know its illegal to be in posession of stolen property, however, from what I've researched, in terms of sports memorabilia...its certainly hard to prove. My guess would be, if they show up in a hypothetical example on say, EBAY, contact the seller and ask how they were obtained. Surely if they unknowingly got them thinking they were obtained without being stolen, they should do the right thing and return them to you. Its certainly good that you have proof of the bats, so that helps!! I seem to remember a previous thread about items to look out for that had been stolen. I hope those will be returned one day as well. I'd like to see the thief behind bars where they belong, with a nice grand theft label to their record. Good luck in finding them.

Aaron

Comment

• staindsox
            • Jun 2006

A related issue happened to me. If you see them and you can prove that they are yours, you call your local police department immediately. They in turn will contact the local police department of wherever the seller is from.

Remember the vintage collection stolen from an older collector in Illinois? It doesn't matter who has them or how they got them...you are entitled to retrieving your property. You must contact the police.

If they were stolen from the clubhouse, you should have probably already filed with the local police down there. If you ever see them in the future, it can be referenced to the clubhouse case.

Hope this helps.

Chris
            Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Comment

• Canseco44
              • Dec 2006

Thanks for all the help. I am thinking about calling the Long Beach Police. Surely these will turn up somewhere or they could have been taken by a fellow teammate as a momento. It was really special to me so I hope to get it back somehow. If anyone can post a photo of it from the book I would appreciate it. I still cannot figure out how to post pics.

Thanks, Todd Ricks
              Todd Ricks
              Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• JasonM33
                • Oct 2006

That's pretty lame that someone would steal them. I hope you get them back.

-Jason M

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2005

Nfl Hall Of Fame Ring Stolen!!

Just saw this on eBay. The auction number is: 160140915566

Maybe a forum member can help in tracking down the thief(s).

DO NOT BID!!!! PLEASE DO NOT BID!!! CALLING ALL REAL SPORTS FANS!! WE NEED YOUR HELP.FORMER ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE STAR AND FORMER NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SUPERSTAR NEEDS YOUR HELP!!! JOHN HANNAH, WHO PLAYED FOR LEGENDARY ALABAMA FOOTBALL COACH PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT,AND THE PATRIOTS FROM 1973-1985 AND NFL HALL OF FAMERS HALL OF RING HAS BEEN STOLEN!!!!! MR. HANNAH FIRST NOTICED HIS RING BEING GONE ABOUT A WEEK AGO.MR HANNAH WAS IN DECATUR ALABAMA.THIS IS A CALL TO ALL TRUE SPORTS FANS AND REAL COLLECTORS IF YOUR HAVE ANY INFO LEADING TO THE RETURN OF THIS RING WILL BE REWARDED.THIS IS A GREAT PART OF THIS MAN'S LIFE THAT NEEDS TO BE RETURNED TO HIM!! NO QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED WE JUST WANT HIS RING RETURNED,IF YOU LIVE AROUND THE DECATUR ALABAMA AREA PLEASE BE ON THE LOOK OUT AND CONTACT US AT MT STORE AT 256-355-0141,OR BY E-MAIL OR CONTACT THE POLICE THEN US!!! LIKE I SAID MR. HANNAH HAS OFFERED A REWARD FOR HIS RING! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ONCE AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION!!!! PLEASE DO NOT BID

Comment

• allstarsplus
                    • Nov 2005

Stolen Soriano

I had a box of bats broken in to while in transit. In the box, there was a great Alfonso Soriano game used SAM bat from 2003 from the Yankees with Steiner hologram on it stolen from a bat box which was delivered by UPS.

It is a blonde SAM bat with taped handle and pine tar on the label and a repaired crack and on the cupped end of the bat are:

35"
                    33oz.
                    08 13 03
                    AS 12

I filed a Police report and also filed with UPS. If anyone sees the Soriano appear on eBay or anywhere else, please notify me as I am offering a $250 reward for anyone who can help me recover this bat. I figure it will eventually show up.

thanks. Andrew
                    Regards,
                    Andrew Lang
                    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                    202-716-8500

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                      • Oct 2005

Re: Stolen Soriano

Best of luck Andrew - Lets all help him out here.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                        • Oct 2005

Andrew - any idea where it was stolen from? City, State?

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2005

What the serial number on the hologram?

Jim

Comment

• allstarsplus
                            • Nov 2005

Thanks for the responses as I really appreciate it. I always thought that the boxes get weighed in along the way from driver to sorting facility and back to each driver but UPS said that isn't the case so the box dropped in weight somewhere along the way with no way to determine where the Soriano dropped out of sight. UPS said that the drivers are visually searched and wanded as they leave the facility so they think if it was foul play it would have been taken along the route.

They are telling me now they think the possibility that the box ripped by weighted force so maybe the bats dropped out due to a shift in weight and weren't stolen and be found. Another interesting theory.

As far as #'d Steiner holograms---this was hologram'd under the old system so it didn't have the number but luckily it has the SAM bat batch number #3462 to identify it.

Bob Malandro from Steiner is helping look for my original invoice too as I can't locate that either as luckily I have insurance so cash-wise I should be close to OK. This is just more of being pissed off by getting ripped off. There is a Forum member that wanted to buy the bat too so I feel bad for him also. There were other bats of lesser value in the box too.

Thanks again. Andrew
                            Regards,
                            Andrew Lang
                            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                            202-716-8500

Comment

• geoff
                              • Nov 2005

Sorry to hear about that.It sucks and I hope you find the bat soon.

Comment

• JETEFAN
                                • Dec 2005

Stolen Items

Hi,

Would the GUU Administration consider adding a topic category, like General discussion, For Sale, etc. to list items stolen (Transit, robbery etc.) so that we may list pictures of these stolen or lost items and at least limit the avenues of sale to these theives. Opinions and thoughts?

George

Comment

Working...