Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Darryl Strawberry Will Be Signing In Public In Nj

In case anyone is interested he will be doing a public autographing in New Jersey in the last weekend of March.

Re: Darryl Strawberry Will Be Signing In Public In Nj

Any Strawberry collectors out there that could give an opinion on this auto?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Mets-Da...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

Greg

Banned

Otis I would consider myself the biggest Strawberry fan here and I know his auto like the back of my hand and I think others here would vouch for me. Just to let you know I am not a certified expert but I am the next closet thing. I am a huge collector of Strawberry autographs, so with all that being said.

Looking at that autograph in my opinion it is not genuine, it doesn't have any characteristics of his autograph. I can send you photos of his autograph or I can tell you where to look online.

The "D" is to proper / His "D" will come to a point on the bottom when he is relaxed and when he is rushing it will almost look like a number 8 / His "S" is hardly ever actually spelled out in script and when it is it almost looks like an 8 or he will just do a regular "S"

Hope this was helpful

They just posted a Strawberry Mets BP jersey on Grey Flannel for $350

Banned

Gameused You The Man Thanks :d !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Ok I Am Going To Scream From Here To High Heaven That Is Not Darryl Strawberry That Is Dwight Gooden!!!!! Dam Dam Dam

suave1477,

Thanks very much. I suspected it was not genuine, but only because of the seller that has listed it. I was hoping someone would be able to offer an explanation like yours.

This seller has 4 different eBay selling IDs, that I know of. I routinely see his items during my searches for the player I collect.

This guy seems to have an endless supply of autographs. Many share the same characteristics. A blue Sharpie, signed on upward angle to the right and a little undersized to allow for a lack of detail.

Appreciate your time,
    Greg

Banned

Otis,
    I'm with Suave on this. I'm not a "expert" but I also have some Darryl autographed items and that's not even close to his signature. The one on that SI is actually legible and you can make it out to say Darryl Strawberry. Anyone who has anything signed by Straw knows perfectly well that his autograph is not even close to being that clear and legible.

Banned

Otis as mentioned previousl Darryl will be in New Jersey from March 30 - April 2, if you are interested in something autographed by him and your in the area you might as well do it yourself in person. Unfortunately Darryl doesn't do a lot of North East Coast signings so you have to catch him when you can.

I have met him a couple of times, pretty cool guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    Otis as mentioned previousl Darryl will be in New Jersey from March 30 - April 2, if you are interested in something autographed by him and your in the area you might as well do it yourself in person. Unfortunately Darryl doesn't do a lot of North East Coast signings so you have to catch him when you can.

I have met him a couple of times, pretty cool guy.
    Any details on the signing? I have a photo I'd like signed.