Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Andy Pettitte the New Snitch???? Weren't they best friends??? I guess no more golfing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    And one last one:

Any way you spin it, any moral system that requires a devout Christian to lie under oath sounds lie a pretty crappy moral system.
    Can you explain what Christianity has to do with this issue? Last time I checked, you didn't have to be religious to be a good person.

As for being a snitch, I am a firm believer that people should be honest, despite all of the ramifications.

I admire Pettitte for telling the truth about his "friend" Clemens, even if people look down upon him at first.

In the end, Pettitte can look into the faces of his family and say, "Hey, I was honest. I made some mistakes, but I told the truth and have handled matters with courage."

That's much better than what Clemens can say. I feel bad for his son Koby who has to lie on his Dad's behalf. That has to be a really uncomfortable position for any son to be in.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Andy Pettitte the New Snitch???? Weren't they best friends??? I guess no more golfing!!!

Suave, I don't think you offended most of us, not me anyway. I know we tend to use words like snitch when talking about someone giving information on someone. I think most people believe Pettitte should simply tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. One thing that is interesting is that there seems to be an absolute assumption Clemons is lying. I'm not naive and I know there are a lot of arguments that point in that direction, but why don't well all sit back and see where this goes and what the facts are before we make final judgments and call people liars.

Banned

Well guys in a perfect world as said before if everyone was honest including the goverment we would all be better off. But in reality including the goverment there are lies.

Where i come from you don't rat, snitch or even tell on a friend no matter what. A friend is a friend for life. You would expect the friend to come forward who did the wrong doing and confess.

As far as Pettitte is concerned I do not know the exact specifications on what they are looking for him to say, but if he is a friend to Clemens than I would still not give up anything as long as I am can not be charged with anything. My point is go in as he was supeaned too, and just sit there and give minimum facts.

Unless a friend of mine completely did something so horrible as murder, then it's not my place to drop dime.

Put it like this lets say your friend took some drugs and the cops feel your a witness they can scare you into saying tell the truth or were gonna lock you up, but the reality is if you sit there and say I was present at the time but I did not see it for myself there is really nothing they can do. You did not lie to them and you admitted being there when it was going on but you had no involvement or knowledge. Pettitte bieng a public figure would have the media on his side, if the cops tried locking him up for (in his case) telling the truth. That would be a nightmare that the goverment would not want to deal with.

Hey Suave,

I see your point. And I think in the beginning Andy tried to not implicate Roger as much as possible. However now the government is involved and if Andy doesn't speak honestly about himself or Roger he will face consequences.

Roger's problem is Andy admitted his use. He didn't lie. From what we have been told it is against his beliefs/character. And that hurt Roger's credibility.

As far as lying to protect a friend I would say that if a friend expects you to lie for him then it is time to find a new friend. And if a friend expects you to change who you are to protect them then they are absolutely not your friend in the first place.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Banned

sylbry I agree with you. I think Pettitte is doing the right thing by telling the truth, and I think Clemens is no friend. It's Clemens own fault not Anyd's. All he has to do is tell the truth. I think Andy is the bigger man, and I think Clemens is hidding a big secret that he hope's doesn't come out. To bad Roger!! I hope Clemens get's it in the end.
    Jamie

For the record, I'm not Christian. I specified Christian as Pettitte (the guy some people want to lie) is Christian and most followers of his faith, and presumably Pettitte, believe in truthfulness. Most Muslims, Jews, Bhuddists, agnostics, atheists and others also believe that telling the truth is the right thing.