Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Andy Pettitte the New Snitch???? Weren't they best friends??? I guess no more golfing!!!

LAWYER: PETTITTE WILL IMPLICATE CLEMENS

AP

SLIDES = new slideshow("SLIDES"); SLIDES.timeout = 5000; SLIDES.prefetch = -1; SLIDES.repeat = true; s = new slide(); s.src = "/seven/01302008/photos/yanks.jpg"; s.text = unescape("ANDY PETTITTE:Admitted using HGH in 2002."); s.link = "/seven/01302008/photos/yanks.jpg"; s.target = ""; s.attr = ""; s.filter = ""; SLIDES.add_slide(s); if (false) SLIDES.shuffle();
    ANDY PETTITTE:Admitted using HGH in 2002.

January 30, 2008 -- WASHINGTON A lawyer for Andy Pettitte's former personal trainer said yesterday he believes the pitcher will tell Congress he discussed human growth hormone with Roger ClemensRoger Clemens between the 2001 and 2002 seasons.
    The lawyer, Earl Ward, said Pettitte talked about HGH with trainer Brian McNamee following a conversation with Clemens, who has denied he used HGH or steroids. McNamee worked with both Clemens and Pettitte.
    "We're hopeful based on Andy's reputation that he will corroborate Brian's statements with regard to Roger," Ward said.
    Pettitte's meeting with a congressional committee investigating drug use in baseball was postponed until Monday. He originally was slated to appear for a deposition or transcribed interview today but the date was changed Tuesday by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. McNamee said in last month's Mitchell Report that he injected Clemens at least 16 times with steroids or HGH in 1998, 2000 and 2001. Pettitte admitted he tried HGH for two days in 2002 - before it was banned by players and owners.

Re: Andy Pettitte the New Snitch???? Weren't they best friends??? I guess no more golfing!!!

ESPN had a feature a few weeks ago which said that the media made much more out of the Clemens/Pettite friendship than was really there. It basically said that they were workout buddies and not much more.

Re: Andy Pettitte the New Snitch???? Weren't they best friends??? I guess no more golfing!!!

How is being honest being a snitch? He needs to worry about himself and his family, not protecting Roger.

It isn't his problem that Roger insists on lying.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    How is being honest being a snitch? He needs to worry about himself and his family, not protecting Roger.

It isn't his problem that Roger insists on lying.
    Agree! It's not a matter of being a snitch. It's a matter of going to prison if he lies.

Pettitte didn't volunteer this. He was dragged in. Initially he admitted his own use of HGH and didn't implicate anyone else. The truth is the truth and he should tell the truth no matter who it effects. In addition to telling the truth being simply right, as if that wasn't reason enough, the Feds are obviously looking to file perjury charges on people. If Clemons is being truthful what Pettitte says won't hurt him and if he's not he can't really expect people to lie for him.

Assorted points:

1) Why doe someone want Pettitte to go to jail so a lying Clemens can stay out? Isn't this totally backward? What is Clemens 'street valor' in this if he is willing to lie to have Pettitte go to jail?

2) What's wrong or errant with telling the truth, especially for a Christian like Pettitte? W

3) As far as 'snitches' go-- who is the only person under criminal prosecution? It's not Clemens, it's McNamee. So, since when is telling the truth in defense of the prosecuted considered snitching? Since when is lying (pick Pettitte or Clemens) to convicted someone considered a good thing? Someone who would lie to send an innocent person (McNamee) to prison sounds like the ultimate rat, the ultimate in scum-- far, far worse than someone whose truths send the guilty in prison. If ratting means telling the truth to protecting the innocent-- rat away, rat to your hearts content, rat 24 hours a day.

4) MLB and the world would be a better place if we had more people telling the truth, and fewer lying.

5) The people who hate snitches and rats are generally people who do wrong themselves, and fear being ratted out themselves.

6) As my mom always said, "Do the right thing."

And one last one:

Any way you spin it, any moral system that requires a devout Christian to lie under oath sounds lie a pretty crappy moral system.

Banned

Ok Ok guys I think the whole snitch thing got out of hand I was just trying to be funny. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Ok Ok guys I think the whole snitch thing got out of hand I was just trying to be funny. I apologize if I offended anyone.
    Suave1477, at least for myself, I wasn't offended. I believe we live in a society where people are expected to look the other way and not tell the truth. If you do tell the truth, then you become the bad person.

It's not right for Clemens to expect anyone to lie for him to cover his butt, if that's the case. Best friend or not, it's not right for him to expect Pettitte to lie for him. However, friends do expect friends to do this.

Personally, I wish all this steriods mess would end. I would love to see the start of baseball season be nothing about baseball. I believe we all heard enough, and there are still many who won't be exposed.

I say, let's move forward and play ball!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Suave1477, at least for myself, I wasn't offended. I believe we live in a society where people are expected to look the other way and not tell the truth. If you do tell the truth, then you become the bad person.

It's not right for Clemens to expect anyone to lie for him to cover his butt, if that's the case. Best friend or not, it's not right for him to expect Pettitte to lie for him. However, friends do expect friends to do this.

Personally, I wish all this steriods mess would end. I would love to see the start of baseball season be nothing about baseball. I believe we all heard enough, and there are still many who won't be exposed.

I say, let's move forward and play ball!

Tony
    Sorry, meant: I would love to see the start of baseball season be nothing more than about baseball.