Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: What's Everyone Do For A Living??

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Host high stakes squirrel fights when the kids are at school.
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    106th and I'm off the road.

109th here and still humpin it. Didn't make the cut for the 106th!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSimon View Post
    High School Biology Teacher
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    me too!
    TFig27

Where are you located?

I'm in Canada!!!

It's freezing up here.

We should break this down by category - that would be neat to see.

I'm a bum

Not in school now, but I have a G.E.D. test to take on the 1st of March, then classes start for college on the 7th of April, just a few days before my 18th birthday. As for a job....well....let's just say I don't have one . I did have a job interview with the Braves a week ago for the Grounds Crew, and I'm currently waiting for them to call back (they said they're suppose to call whether I get the job or not).

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    I'm a bum

Not in school now, but I have a G.E.D. test to take on the 1st of March, then classes start for college on the 7th of April, just a few days before my 18th birthday. As for a job....well....let's just say I don't have one . I did have a job interview with the Braves a week ago for the Grounds Crew, and I'm currently waiting for them to call back (they said they're suppose to call whether I get the job or not).

Good luck Kyle!

I worked for the Richmond Braves for 2 weeks this summer doing some security work. It was fun but man there's NO money in baseball! It was neat getting a paycheck and tax statement from the "Atlanta National League Baseball Club".

Jim

Banned

Just retired from the Atlantic City Police Department after 25 years. In retrospect, I could not have asked for a better career. I met my wife and 19 years later, the marriage is still going strong.

As for retirement, thankfully we made some wise investments along the way and I am now able to stay home and search eBay for hidden treasures.

Every now and again, we head down to Key West. I hate it but I do it all for my wife. I hate fresh fish, Mojitos, cigars, sunshine and fresh air but for my wife, I'll suffer through it.

If there are any forum members thinking about public service, I would highly recommend it. I am 53 years old and not a whole lot of people can retire at that age with a very nice pension and 95% paid health benefits for my wife and I.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Just retired from the Atlantic City Police Department after 25 years. In retrospect, I could not have asked for a better career.
    You must know Bobby Clark and Rich Andrews then. I have played hockey with and against those two knuckleheads for quite some time now.

Hello oaklandasfan, I was the Tigers thirdbase coach about halfway thru the movie, as the player comes to third,I'm waving him home, then react to a great play and have to hold him up at third then kick the ground. Took about 2 days to film it. Then, in Hardball, when the kids come into the stadium to see Sammy Sosa, watch the batting-practice pitcher throw a pitch. It's me. Met Billy Crystal, Keanu Reeves, Barry Pepper, Anthony MichaelHall, and Thomas Jane. Great people to be around, not pretenteous at all. Pepper was in some great movies , also Anthony MichaelHall was the kid, Rusty, in Summer Vacation.