Most of us have favorite athletes and had childhood heros while growing up. Watching them as we were kids, these heros were untouchable. They werent regular people like you and i are. They were so much more. Watching them on tv or at ball games, we couldnt get close to them back in the day like we can today with social media and internet and things like that. We couldnt read about their every move whenever they werent on the playing field, basically what im saying is its almost like their life was mysterious. We idolized them but we knew little about them. We couldnt get close. Do you think we should meet our heros? Or should we keep it mysterious, keep them in that untouchable hierarchy? What would happen if we met them, and for whatever reason that experience completely tarnished how we felt about them? Its known on this board that i am a huge fan of David Justice, to me he is untouchable. To me, as a kid i thought he was more of a superhero. I idolized him and watched every game i could just to see him play. During his at-bats, i didnt move from in front of the televison. At live games, id watch his every move. Studying everything. Never even dreamed of one day interacting with him on twitter or anything else. I did have the opportunity once to get his autograph once after a game, and that was one of the happiest moments while growing up. That signed baseball is priceless to me and i consider it a treasure. I would hate for all of those memories to be tarnished and find dissapointed, so im happy keeping the distance and him remaining untouchable in my eyes. Anyone else agree or dissagree?