Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: What's the best deal you've ever gotten?

Picked up a Brant Brown bat in a Phoenix thrift shop for $3.99. I didn't even know who BB was at the time, but it offended me that anybody's gamer was sitting on a thrift shop shelf with a bunch of crap. Later sold it to another board member for what I paid + postage, who ended up mailing it back to me to get it signed during the Fall League.

Speaking of Fall League, I paid $34.95 for the jersey Chris Speier wore while managing the Scottsdale Scorpions in 1998. The lady who was selling it on eBay had no clue it was a gamer - thought it was just a souvenier, and had it listed under Used Clothing.

$20 and did not even check on the hologram until I got home.

Not bad at all.

Name:  EK077370_Cano_single.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  96.0 KB

I picked up an alternate red game worn 2008 Jon Rauch Nationals jersey, with the new stadium patch for a mere $24.

To this day, probabaly my biggest heist.

I got a Chris Carter GU jersey from A's fanfest for $40. It has the holo and was photomatched to his first career homer

Apparently lightning does strike twice. Different Goodwill, different city, three days later, and I pick up another game worn Portland Beavers jersey; this one's a 2006-tagged Strike Out Breast Cancer jersey. Don't know who wore #3 for the Beavers in '06 - if you know, I'd appreciate the heads-up - but do know these were worn August 13, 2006 against the Tacoma Rainiers, and were auctioned off after the game. Pretty ecstatic about grabbing both of these in the same week, though I did have to pay $9.99 for this one instead of the $6.99 for the last one. Still 80-90% off what I'd have paid on eBay.

got a Micah Owings 2011 NLDS used bat at the 2012 fanfest garage sale for 30 bucks
    also got the bat Justin Upton used to hit his first career post season HR for $155 (a steal IMO) at a gameday auction during game 4 of the 2011 NLDS after he broke it in game 3

Got a single signed Mel Ott baseball signed in the 40's on a Ford Frick official ball for $1000.00. Sold it and paid for a semester of college for my daughter for $10,000.00.

Ruben Brown rookie jersey that is hammered and custom for 35 dollars. Holiday times are great on eBay.

I was lucky enough to get a pair of Game worn cleats from one of my favorite past dolphins in an auction.
    The auction stated they were signed nothing about use. I won them for under 30 dlvd.
    They still had grass on the bottom and were noted on the side what team he used them agesnt.
    Here are the pics.
    Adawale Ogunleye

Pic of him wearing them.

Banned

Talking Re: What's the best deal you've ever gotten?

One of many, from a Cubs tent sale in the mid-1990s: a 1992 Cubs BP jersey of Mark Grace for $25. A friend had the shirt and looked it over, but put it back, and I instantly pounced on it.

Dave Miedema