Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: NFL Auctions Pricing Reaching Unreasonable Levels?

Another example is the 1999 Sotheby's Barry Halper Auction where all the prices were over the top. I assume the bidding was legitimate but there was lots of excitement for this once in a lifetime auction. Most of the stuff that was reauctioned in the year or two later sold for a lot less.

Re: NFL Auctions Pricing Reaching Unreasonable Levels?

Quote Originally Posted by gridman80 View Post
    Not to sound preachy but we'd get more out of this hobby if we helped each other find stuff rather than take shots at each other based on financial status or personal motivation for collecting....Enjoy the hobby!
    There's a novel idea...help each other out (and one JM backs up having helped me out on numerous ocassions) cuz the auction houses sure aren't helping anybody out with 17.5% or more buyer AND seller fees, authenticating bad items, and cloaking items/their history/and source in secrecy! Of course with that being said these auction houses do help sellers get substantially more than they would otherwise and do help people turn a nice profit flipping items found on the secondary market but to me they still take the fun and communication aspect out of an aquisition. Just one unimportant mans opinion.