Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

1975 KC Royals jersey on E-Bay

I haven't quite reached the "detective" stage that many on this board have, so I'm seeking out some expert advice on a 1975 Royals jersey now on E-Bay. It's listed as #51, but the seller clearly indicates that it has had a number change. I'm dying to grab this jersey, even if it is a common, but how much would this be worth bidding on? There was no #51 for the Royals in 1975, so I'm assuming somebody changed the number and wore it in his softball league or something.
    Any opinions?
    Thanks
    Dennis
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=019

Re: 1975 KC Royals jersey on E-Bay

It could be that or sometimes I believe teams recycled the jersey for spring training so could have been worn in 1976 spring training by a #51. Not sure if there is a way to find out who was on their 76 spring training roster. I am not great at matching up fonts on the numbers, but if looks authentic could have been recycled for spring training??

I certainly realize as I type this that there is all but about 30 minutes left in this auction and by the time anyone reads this, it will be over, but I checked my old Street & Smith Baseball Annuals from 1974 thru 1978 and found not one player on the 40 man roster (nor coach) that wore # 51. It would have been interesting if the seller could tell what the original # was (all he stated was there was a change; not that it was impossible to decipher).

Not sure if you ended up winning the jersey or not, but a side note. That seller is a class act. He has done some amazing things in helping me further my collection.

He does have some amazing things..I picked up a '94 Chris Sabo Orioles GU batting helmet from him about a week ago

I purchased a LaRue game used 9/11 helmet from him and numerous bats. Great seller, and by the way I think I was watching the helmet you picked up but laid off.

Ironmanfan - do you still have the Chris Sabo Helmet? Would love to see it!