Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to display pants....

I'd like to find a new display for my game worn pants. I have 2 unwashed photomatched pairs, and I really wanted to have a 3-D look to them like with jerseys commonly displayed. I saw this picture on Steiner Sports' website:

Is this just a lower-body mannequin? Anybody know where I can find these? I went to a flea market on Sunday, and all I could find is women's lower-body mannequins and they had some big ol' booties so I'm sure the pants just wouldn't look right if displayed in them

Re: How to display pants....

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    I went to a flea market on Sunday, and all I could find is women's lower-body mannequins and they had some big ol' booties so I'm sure the pants just wouldn't look right if displayed in them
    It depends. If you have game work pants from, say, Sam Horn, those mannequins would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpahoo View Post
    It depends. If you have game work pants from, say, Sam Horn, those mannequins would be perfect.

Nope, it's actually Julio Franco & Michael Tucker pants. I'm sure the Franco pants would look alright on them especially with his stance

Kyle,

I too have a few pairs of pants I would like to display. I like to show the tagging, as that really is the only unique feature in the pants.
    I think a clear, see through leg mannequin would work. Now the only thing is to find some.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    Kyle,

I too have a few pairs of pants I would like to display. I like to show the tagging, as that really is the only unique feature in the pants.
    I think a clear, see through leg mannequin would work. Now the only thing is to find some.

Tom

I too like the tagging displayed. Here is how I currently display them........I make sure the tagging shows but I still would like the 3-D effect to it. See-through lower-body mannequins would be PERFECT just like you said
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You could stuff newspaper into plastic bags, such as wal mart or other type of small bags and than stuff those into the pants to give the legs and upwards a full look. You would still be able to show off the tags by hanging them.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    You could stuff newspaper into plastic bags, such as wal mart or other type of small bags and than stuff those into the pants to give the legs and upwards a full look. You would still be able to show off the tags by hanging them.
    wow....never even thought of that. That's a really good idea. I'll try to get that done by tomorrow and I'll post pics so we can all see how it looks

Well, I gave it a try but it didn't really give a good appearance. The legs looked ok with the stuffing but once it got to the upper area it gave it a really bulky look.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, the legs do look pretty good. Don't know what to tell you about the top... let me know if you end up coming with something.

I just purchased a pair of game used pants I will show you a the right way to do it when I receive them I had a pair before but I sold them I did the samething with those.

Materials needed:
    Clear scotch tape
    Cardboard
    Newspaper