Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Pedro Martinez - the new Michael Vick

If anyone has a pair of LEATHER Dr. J gamers and would like to cleanse their soul, drop me a line.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    i am not obsessed. i just dont think it is newsworthy. its also not like culture is morally progressive. maybe the dominicans will illegalize boiling live lobster before we do.

Speaking of which, you all do know the closest biological relative to the lobster, right? It's near identical twin brother?

Anyone??

Yep, the cockroach!

Who's up for a trip to Red Lobster with me?!?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Speaking of which, you all do know the closest biological relative to the lobster, right? It's near identical twin brother?

Anyone??

Yep, the cockroach!

Who's up for a trip to Red Lobster with me?!?

Ken
    Thanks Ken. Thats a good one to use for a beer bet.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I just realized something. Michael Vick killed the dogs but Pedro and Juan Marichal just watched chickens killing each other? I don't see the comparision.

While we are on the topic of animals in sports, perhaps we should consider Bull fighting. Torturing the bull into a heat rage before thrusting a well paced sword killing the bull is considerd sport in Spain.

Chickens = food
    Dogs = pets not used for food in roughly 80% of the world
    Chickens that are pets = still food

I had a nice discussion a few years ago with a Spaniard and the topic of bullfighting came up. His question, which is a legitimate one, is "The bull will be turned into food regardless. Is it more glorious for the bull to be the idol of the crowds, or to squander his life eating grass in an enclosed field?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Chickens = food
    Dogs = pets not used for food in roughly 80% of the world
    Chickens that are pets = still food

I had a nice discussion a few years ago with a Spaniard and the topic of bullfighting came up. His question, which is a legitimate one, is "The bull will be turned into food regardless. Is it more glorious for the bull to be the idol of the crowds, or to squander his life eating grass in an enclosed field?"
    I think the Bull's life is squandered by killing him slowly in front of a bunch of drunkened sociopaths. The Bull is the idol of the crowd, only if he kills the matador. People all over the world crave blood and trainwrecks.

"Is it more glorious for the bull to be the idol of the crowds, or to squander his life eating grass in an enclosed field?"

in a thread filled with more illogical and unsubstantiated comments than a george bush speech, i think this last quote marks a perfect place for it to either come to an end. one of the most unintelligent comments i've heard in years, it's genuinely hard to imagine that it didn't entirely come out of several pitchers worth of sangria. i picture the same spaniard asking whether dogs are more racist than cats or whether seagulls are bigger cheapskates than pelicans.

as if bulls have a concept of "glory" and it entails being stabbed in a stadium. as if the idea of being idolized is running through their mind. as if bulls roaming enclosed fields are thinking "geezus i'm really squandering my life here. i need to get some priorities". nathan, we're all going to die one day. rather than squandering your life in some office all day long, why not go and get beaten to a pulp in a final blaze of glory?

here's what glorious: being enough of a sentient human being to realize that forcing an animal, whether it's a pet or food source or neither, to endure huge amounts of unnecessary pain and suffering is not something to be defended.

anyway, like a bull with numerous swords stuck in me, put me out of my misery and end this thread. it's gone way off topic, thanks in no small part to the bizarre and non-sequitur introduction of everything from OJ to abortion.

thanks in advance for your sympathy. i promise to never again bring up anything other than game-used items.

rudy.