After hearing that there were a lot of pro-cut/nongame-issued and fake pro bowl jerseys floating around I wanted to double check the Shawn Andrews 2007 Pro Bowl jersey I purchased from NFL auctions. I noticed 2 things: 1) there was no NFL equipment shield on my jersey, and 2) the receipt said it was a Shane Andrews jersey. I logged on to the PSA/DNA site and plugged in the certification # - and up popped a verification that it was indeed a SHANE Andrews jersey???? I called PSA/DNA and expressed my concerns re: the missing shield, the name, and whether the jersey really came from the pro bowl lockerroom. The customer service employee took the cert # and told me the name issue was just a typo and that the IT department will fix it. (They did.) She also told me that since PSA/DNA only authenticated the autograph, she could not assure me that the jersey came from the pro bowl lockerroom. After a stunned silence I informed her that the jersey was not signed, and was sold as game issued. I was immediately put on hold. When she returned she informed me that PSA/DNA does not actually handle the NFL auction jerseys. They are tagged as they come off the playing field and sent directly to the NFL. I had no idea how to respond to that, thanked her and hung up.

Right now I am kind of disgusted by the whole process. Do you think I am justified in asking for a refund? Has anyone tried to return an NFL auction purchase?

Here are pics of the jersey: