Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 1994 Bills Throwback Question

It's not that nobody believes you, it's just that you kind of come across as arrogant, so most people don't focus on the facts you are presenting... just the fact that you don't possibly think you can be wrong. I don't doubt that you are an expert in Bills uniforms, but I doubt the fact that you are 100% right all of the time. I have read some of your other postings and they are all the same... maybe if you took a more laid back, less aggressive approach to explaining the flaws in jerseys people post here you would get more discussion about the jerseys instead of time wasted with post like mine.
    Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

yeah you are right, and this goes no where now. i am giving the white flag now and this will be be my last post about the bills kelly jersey. i am giving up so you guys calls whatever you thinks !
    i have called "all in" with my chips with pocket of red aces.......anyone calls ??
    cheers
    marcus

Marcus,

I am not questioning your expertise on Bills materials. The only visual evidence you provided (the photos of the jersey) shows that the numbers and lettering are typical of 1994 jerseys made by Champion. Due to the way a number with trim is screened on to a jersey, it can look and feel like a different material than the lettering screened onto a nameplate and the sleeve stripes (due to the thickness, texture, etc.) This sometimes leads to confusion in terminology when describing a jersey, and this seems to be the case in this instance.

I called WOODFERN last night regarding this jersey. His description over the telephone and my observations of the photos leads me to reason that there is nothing unique or unusual about the numbers and lettering on this jersey. That's just my humble opinion based on his description to me and observing the photos. You feel otherwise based on your email exchanges, but this all seems to be a matter of not being clear on each other's terminology in email exchanges between you and WOODFERN as opposed to actual visual evidence indicating that something is incorrect with the numbers and lettering. Again, what one collector describes as "screened-on", another collector might describe as "ironed-on".

Please ignore for a moment the different use of terminology that has been discussed and look solely at the photos. If there is something that doesn't look right about the numbers and lettering, please share this knowledge with us.

Thanks!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Because I`m The Guy Selling This Jersey I Would Like To Add Something. There`s A Post On Here Stating There Is A 1994 John Fina White Bills Jersey Listed On Ebay. I Got A Closeup Of That Jersey`s Numbers And Compared It To The Numbers On The Kelly Jersey They Sure Look Like They Were Put ON The Same To Me. Maybe Its The Terminology. I Don`t Know. The Only Way To Be Sure Is To Have Both Jerseys In Front Me But By Looking At The Picture And Looking At The Kelly, The Numbering Looks Consistant With Each Other. As Far As How I List A Jersey On Ebay, I Don`t Have A Scanner To Show Pictues, So I Take A Picture From My Cell Phone And Foward It To My Email Address. I Clearly State That If Someone Wants To See A Picture Or Has Any Questions To Please Give Me There Email Address And I Will Gladly Foward The Pictures To Them And Answer Their Questions. I Want To Make That Clear. Is It The Best Way? Maybe Not. But, I Try To Be As Honest As I Can. There Still Is This One Person On This Forum Who Still Thinks I Won This Jersey An Added The Numbers. I Have I Little Bit More Sense That To Try To Do That. I WOULD DO THAT And Never Will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I`m The Guy Selling This Jersey I Would Like To Add Something. There`s A Post On Here Stating There Is A 1994 John Fina White Bills Jersey Listed On Ebay. I Got A Closeup Of That Jersey`s Numbers And Compared It To The Numbers On The Kelly Jersey They Sure Look Like They Were Put ON The Same To Me. Maybe Its The Terminology. I Don`t Know. The Only Way To Be Sure Is To Have Both Jerseys In Front Me But By Looking At The Picture And Looking At The Kelly, The Numbering Looks Consistant With Each Other. As Far As How I List A Jersey On Ebay, I Don`t Have A Scanner To Show Pictues, So I Take A Picture From My Cell Phone And Foward It To My Email Address. I Clearly State That If Someone Wants To See A Picture Or Has Any Questions To Please Give Me There Email Address And I Will Gladly Foward The Pictures To Them And Answer Their Questions. I Want To Make That Clear. Is It The Best Way? Maybe Not. But, I Try To Be As Honest As I Can. There Still Is This One Person On This Forum Who Still Thinks I Won This Jersey An Added The Numbers. I Have I Little Bit More Sense That To Try To Do That. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT And Never Will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Made A Mistake Ending My First Post. It Should Be I Would Never Do That And Never Will.

Maybe Not. But, I Try To Be As Honest As I Can. There Still Is This One Person On This Forum Who Still Thinks I Won This Jersey An Added The Numbers. I Have I Little Bit More Sense That To Try To Do That. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT And Never Will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

i dont still think you bought the jersey from ebay, it was already moved on
    just that timing is funny because i found the RARE throwback BILLS jersey with no numbers and it has KELLY on the back on the ebay. whats more.... the jersey has SAME taggings of the size 44 and 35th anniv tags. it was sold couple of months ago on ebay.

THEN you posted kelly throwback for sale few weeks ago....that was the SAME TAGGINGS, colors, two stripes and KELLY on the back BUT your kelly had numbers and i did the math and that why i assumed. I am sorry and i was wrong.

Maybe there are few made throwback KELLY jerseys for the BILLS ?
    can you send me an email picture of the auction date and close up COA picture of the jersey
    take it easy woodfery
    marcus

Smile Re: 1994 Bills Throwback Question

Marcus, I Don`t Have A Problem With That. I Do Need Your Email Address. I`ll Gladly Email You A Picture Of The Auction Catalog, The Jersey Listed In The Catalog And The Coa From Grey Flannel With The Pictures. I Can Tell You That It Was The Summer Games 2002 Auction, Date June 12th 2002. After I Send You The Pictures I Would Like To Move On. I`m An Honest Seller And I Try To Answer Peoples Questions As Best I Can And I`m Sure You Would Too. As I Said Earlier, I Would Never Buy A Jersey AnD Add Numbers And Try To Pass It On A Game Used. I Won This Jersey Ans Was Just Trying To Sell It. Have A Good One

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    yeah you are right, and this goes no where now. i am giving the white flag now and this will be be my last post about the bills kelly jersey. i am giving up so you guys calls whatever you thinks !
    i have called "all in" with my chips with pocket of red aces.......anyone calls ??
    cheers
    marcus
    Marcus, I personally would like to thank you for by far the most entertaining thread of all time! They say laughter is a great cure for what ills a person and let me tell you...I am feeling pretty healthy by now! All in with my chips with pocket of red aces??? CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    Marcus, I personally would like to thank you for by far the most entertaining thread of all time! They say laughter is a great cure for what ills a person and let me tell you...I am feeling pretty healthy by now! All in with my chips with pocket of red aces??? CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    guess what !? i have taken down my white flag and show you MY PROOF !
    i met a new friend that has largest bills game jerseys collection....
    he sent me attachment of pictures from 1994 MNF broncos and bills game, the BILLS worn throwback jerseys and i have PROOF that bills didnt wear the style that woodfern is trying to sell, WOODFERN check it out, maybe next time do your homework ?? and yes the jerseys came BLANKS and it was sold orignially from a guy name AL in FLORIDA then it has been handed to different buyers
    heres pictures, it was took by my friend personally in the game in 1994 MNF