Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
Marcus,

Some collectors interchange the terminology in describing "screened-on" numbers as some call it "ironed-on", some call it "painted-on", some incorrectly say "silk-screened" (an entirely different process), and I have even heard the term "rubberized" numbers. When I hear a collector say "ironed-on" numbers, I assume that the numbers are "screened-on".

With regards to WOODFERN's jersey, he offered it for sale in this Forum several weeks and you asked for photos according to that particular thread. WOODFERN has now put the jersey for sale on ebay.

Toddhead brought up his deal with WOODFERN because you have insinuated in this thread (your initial post) that WOODFERN probably added the numbers after he bought the jersey. Toddhead is stating a fact in defense of WOODFERN while you are stating a potentially damaging assumption that was not supported in your post with any concrete evidence or facts.

Do you not understand why WOODFERN is upset and Toddhead posted in WOODFERN's defense? It wasn't a question about the jersey iteself, but rather the suggestion that WOODFERN altered the jersey that stirred their posts and mine.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net
the different terms of painted/screened on AND iron/pressed on, they are totally different style of putting numbers on the jersey, and yes i do agree that iron/pressed on is SAME thing with the SILK numbers and rubbering numbers.....

i already see the pictures of throwback kelly jersey and I ASKED SELLER THUR EMAILS before i posted on this FORUM so i DID FOLLOW THE RULES !!!
i told the seller that the numbers doesnt look right and BILLS never wears iron/pressed on numbers (SILK/rubbering like numbers)
I DID MY HOMEWORK AND RESEARCH... i assume this forum is to help each other but seem you are pushing me away and toddhead posted highway sign of man with computer, so this is a JOKE !?
i am trying to help people here and i explained to the seller about the numbers on the jersey, he just didnt show he cares and hoping someone will buy it without notice the numbers , then yet now hes listing it on ebay WITHOUT pictures, he tend not to list them with pictures, doesnt it brings up some questions ??? i do not question the sellers , BUT only the jersey itself
thank you
marcus