Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

1994 Bills Throwback Question

A friend emailed me as he was offered a 94 Jim Kelly Throwback..Here is what he sent me:

Buffalo wore 2 throwbacks in 1994... A white and A Blue... The jersey I am being offered is the blue.. The throwbacks were worn by Buffalo in 2 games... They are both early season games.. One being in Houston in a 15-7 win and the other in a 30-27 loss at home vs Denver on a Monday night. I believe the jersey was worn in the Denver game but I am not sure..

I haven't been able to find any pictures from either game..

--------------------

Does anyone have pix from the game or have any information regarding these jerseys?

Thanks,
    Scott
    sjnyr@aol.com

Re: 1994 Bills Throwback Question

That jersey was offered here as well. I asked for pics and the jersey looks brand new to me. I realize one game used jerseys show little use, but this one shows nothing at all. The labels are crisp, I would be very surprised to see this was a game used jersey. As such, since proving any use is probably almost impossible, it is being sold as game issued. Gamers garner about 3-5 times what they are asking. Just my opinion.
    Scott

The Bills wore their dark "home" Throwback jersey for the game against Denver of Sep 26, 1994.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

i got the pictures of 94 throwback kelly jersey from the guy that posted it for sale on this forum...
    my problem with the jersey is the numbers are IRON/PRESSED ON BUT the KELLY and stripes are painted/screened on so i think the numbers are ADDED after he gets the jersey... and couple of months ago, I SAW BLANK THROWBACK BILLS JERSEY ON EBAY with KELLY ON back WITHOUT numbers, and it has 1994 tagging and champion tags as well.... i wouldnt touch it
    BILLS NEVER WEAR IRON/PRESSED on NUMBERS !!!
    thanks
    marcus

This Post Is From The Guy Selling This Jersey. I`m Not An Expert In Game Used Jerseys, But, I Want To Make One Thing Clear, Especially To That Last Post From Marcus. I Won This Jersey In An Auction From Grey Flannel In 2002. I Still Have The Catalog And Loa From Them. If You Have A Problem With This Jersey, Get Your Facts Straight. I Did Not Win This Jersey On Ebay And Add The Numbers Later. That`s A Down Right Lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I Won This Jersey From Grey Flannel And Was Just Looking To Sell It.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODFERN View Post
    This Post Is From The Guy Selling This Jersey. I`m Not An Expert In Game Used Jerseys, But, I Want To Make One Thing Clear, Especially To That Last Post From Marcus. I Won This Jersey In An Auction From Grey Flannel In 2002. I Still Have The Catalog And Loa From Them. If You Have A Problem With This Jersey, Get Your Facts Straight. I Did Not Win This Jersey On Ebay And Add The Numbers Later. That`s A Down Right Lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I Won This Jersey From Grey Flannel And Was Just Looking To Sell It.
    I have purchased a 1994 throwback jersey from WOODFERN and the transaction was perfect. I know he has sold other throwbacks from 1994 and he has had no complaints that I know of.

Marcus, I think you should do a little more research before public blasting anyone. I know you consider yourself a Bills expert, but that doesn't mean you shoud accuse WOODFERN of being a crook because you don't think the jersey is real.
    Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by toddhead View Post
    I have purchased a 1994 throwback jersey from WOODFERN and the transaction was perfect. I know he has sold other throwbacks from 1994 and he has had no complaints that I know of.

Marcus, I think you should do a little more research before public blasting anyone. I know you consider yourself a Bills expert, but that doesn't mean you shoud accuse WOODFERN of being a crook because you don't think the jersey is real.
    well my words against urs ... i know for the FACT that BILLS did not wear iron on numbers NO BUT OR IF , now something is really bothering me .... the kelly bills throwback jersey is listing on ebay by WOODFERN, and u just mentioned u brought the jersey from him ??? he listed it yesteday......and be careful i didnt not accuse WOODFERN of being a crook and GF COA is not that good anymore .....
    heres link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-JIM-KELLY-G...QQcmdZViewItem

Marcus, I think you should do a little more research before public blasting anyone. I know you consider yourself a Bills expert, but that doesn't mean you shoud accuse WOODFERN of being a crook because you don't think the jersey is real.[/quote]
    I DID some research on the BILLS throwback jerseys so do not assume as if i did not do a little more research... i think YOU DID NOT DO SOME RESEARCH and thats PROBLEM !!!
    you be careful, i did not see anything that i did accuse WOODFERN, i am just posting the FACTS about the BILLS KELLY throwback jersey. I DID warned him that BILLS doesnt wear iron on numbers and he just did not listen to me
    thanks
    marcus

can someone post photos of the jersey in question?. that may help.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Marcus,

It appears that you are not clear on several issues being discussed.
    1. Toddhead and WOODFERN are discussing a Bills throwback jersey that was made for use in the 1994 season. I cannot speak about the Bills throwbacks in 1994, but their regular-season jerseys in 1994 had screened-on numbers.
    2. You stated that the Bills never wear ironed/pressed-on numbers. It is a well-documented fact that the Bills wore screened-on numbers for many years.
    3. Toddhead did not say that he bought the Bills jersey from WOODFERN. He stated that he had bought a throwback jersey (obviously not this Bills jersey) from WOODFERN and the transaction went well.

If you have a problem with the jersey, please follow the Forum rules and address the Seller directly with your concerns. To accuse someone of adding numbers with no evidence to support your belief is horribly unfair to the Seller, and certainly not within the spirit or intent of this Forum.

If you can educate us with the facts and provide evidence of such facts, it would be most appreciated by all. Most importantly, to do so would have avoided the ugliness that has transpired in this thread. That's the reason the moderators set rules for posting - to hopefully avoid this type of thread.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net