Quote Originally Posted by sixburgh View Post
...to be clear I wasn't challenging your knowledge at all. I'm only trying to learn. I'd hate to think my first posts were rubbing a long time member the wrong way.
Please feel free to challenge my knowledge! and don't feel like you're going to rub me the wrong way. We are all here to share and learn.

Some of the things I wrote are hearsay and speculation based on observations from other collectors. Many of those things seem to line up perfectly though...
I've spoken to owners of Chicago Bears regarding these throwbacks and other jersey anomalies and I've gotten some fun stories but no concrete facts. No one ever gave a damn about the equipment...

I own a Wilber Marshall jersey that still has the 1983 GSH patch on left chest. George Halas dies on October 31st and the family decides that they will honor him with a patch to be worn for the remainder of the season. 1st up were patches for the road games with next game being played on November 6th just a few days away... Brian McCaskey relayed this story since it was vivid in his mind. He and other equipment guys at the time were burning the midnight oil to get the patches heat pressed onto all jerseys for the game... It was so bad that the home jerseys feature a sewn on patch that is different form the road game...