What does everyone use to keep track of their game used items?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFig27
    • Oct 2006

What does everyone use to keep track of their game used items?

I have been looking at Microsoft Access for this purpose. Never tried this or learned it. Spreadsheets are ok, but I am looking for something where I can keep pictures of the items, along with all details such as where purchased, how much, etc.

So, what do you use, if anything at all?
    sigpic
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth
  • AWA85
    • Jan 2008

Re: What does everyone use to keep track of their game used items?

Never thought about putting pictures in but that wouldn't be that bad of an idea if you have the time. I use spreadsheets to keep track of where, when or how much I paid to get the item. Nothing to special, but wouldn't mind figuring out a new method.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• chakes89
      • May 2006

I just remember everything
      I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• scottanservitz
        • Nov 2005

I use a three ring binder for all my game used items. I usually print out the invoice, LOA, copies of the payment, pictures or photomatches (when applicable), cards with style matches etc. I place these in plastic sleeves and there you have your portfolio. I also copy this information and give it to my insurance company as I have my bigger items insured with my homeowners policy. My agent says I am the most organized client she has. I don't have the volume that some collectors do. Then I think a spreadsheet would have to be used to help condense the whole process.
        Scott

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

Nothing. I can afford so few game-used items that they take up a small space in my bedroom at home in Washington. But I love the hobby, so when I get more money, I'm sure I'll need some way to keep track of my stuff.
          Les Zukor
          bagwellgameused@gmail.com
          Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
          (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Birdbats
            • Nov 2005

I use the Microsoft Works database function. Here are samples of the forms I use for bats and jerseys:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...setemplate.jpg
            Jeff Scott
            birdbats@charter.net
            http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• AWA85
              • Jan 2008

Birdbats, you are on top of things with your method.
              Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• bigtime59
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Birdbats
                Jeff:
                That's so much prettier than what I'm doing in Excel!
                You can put photos into Excel. I haven't, but probably should have. I have so many jerseys now that I'd hate to think how long it would take to photograph them!
                Mark
                bigtime39@aol.com
                Mark
                msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• mvandor
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2007

I keep an Excel spreadsheet which I periodically forward to my insurance carrier to be sure my collection is covered, and also have a section on my family website with all items in my NFL collection so I have photo evidence I can share with family and friends.

Comment

• DRILLINDK
                    • Nov 2007

These are really great ideas guys. I just store everything in a filing cabnet. I really need to go digital with my items. It would make things easier if I ever wanted to sell some memorabilia.

Rick
                    drillindk@yahoo.com

Comment

• Rob L
                      • Nov 2005

Website for photos, binder for LOAs and info.
                      Rob L
                      loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                        • Sep 2007

I am currently working on a website for picture documentation and also have a binder containing COA's and LOA's etc. About two weeks ago I started playing around with Filemaker Pro (mac) and have easily tweaked an inventory template to my liking/needs and am documenting the items there as well. I think that the whole documenting/organizing thing, while tedious is one of the fun things about collecting! My collection continues to increase and so does my desire to know what I have and all the important tid bits about the individual items...and I can't remember everything.

wade

Comment

• geoff
                          • Nov 2005

I have the LOA'S in a Binder and keep the Invoices in a Drawer so I never lose them.I try to write the Prices down if I buy or sell something but sometimes forget.I have a great memory so I know what I paid or sold something for anyways.

Comment

• plt4008usmc
                            • Nov 2006

I use Microsoft excel as well, and to protect that I have it saved on a removeable drive stored in a safe. I have a website for all my stuff to show pictures, as well.

Comment

Working...