Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Rubber bat handles

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    It looks like a pro model model Boone bat. However whether Boone used rubber grips ever on his bats would be the only issue.

-David
    I was jus about to say this exact same thing that MetsBats said.

Your asking the wrong question did players ever do it YES/NO MAYBE SO, but that's irrelevant.

The real question is did Boone ever do it.

I went through all his pitures on Getty with him having a bat in hand and it didn't seem like not a one of them had a rubber grip.
    Not only did none of them not have a rubber grip, none of them were even taped and it didn't seem like he was a heavy pine tar or Mota stick user.
    All of these things contribute to a player wanting a good gip on his bat which seems like Boone did not do.

So I would say least likely this bat was used by Boone. I am not saying it is impossible I am just saying unlikely.

AND AS KINGJAMMY WOULD SAY, WHY BUY SOMETHING UNLIKELY WHEN YOU HAVE SO MANY LIKELYS ON THE MARKET.

I recently sold a Josh Hamilton game used bat that had a rubber grip handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Have a Chris Widger BWP bat from his days with StL in 2003. It has a rubber grip that I doubt was factory issued.. None of my other BWP bats have this type grip.
    Don
    woodbat@bellsouth.net
    Attached Images Attached Images