Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opinions on McGwire gamer on ebay

Could any members please provide their thoughts on both the seller of the jersey and the actual jersey? How comfortable should a bidder be with a MEARS cert? I was not able to find too many photos from 1992 to get a decent idea on a photo match. However, the ones I did find make it appear that the 5 in the 25 on back extends past the name plate, whereas the jersey up for bid does not. The only good look at it from Getty from the back is a road jersey, how much different would the placement be road versus home? Would it change from jersey to jersey?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-MARK-McGWIR...QQcmdZViewItem
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Opinions on McGwire gamer on ebay

Finally heard back from seller. I had asked for a clearer picture of the name plate and number and information on the wash tag as well as more of a history on the jersey. He indicated he was traveling and could not provide additional details/photos of the jersey prior to the end of the auction.

Whats really weird is that in the 4 pics you provided, the little c is set up high on 2 and then down low on 2......where's the consistancy?

Jim

Seller seems to have alot of McGwire stuff over time...

Bob: Have you ever dealt with him? Are you saying a lot as in too much to be realistic, or a lot as in a lot of quality in the past.

seller puchases alot of mac/favre stuff in auction's this particuler jersey. i belive was purchased from the vintage authentic's auction or heritage a few month's back. it was 1 or the other. he actually bought a 92 & 94 around the same time from these auction's. i was betting against him on both of them at the time. so check past auction cataloges and you should find out what they were saying about them in the auction cat. run a search on trsent and mcgwire. you might find a thread about him. i would do it ,but got to get to work. hope this help's.

TRSENT I believe is a member of this forum. So if you do a search, on here, you might be able to find some people who have dealt with him. I can't recall personally every having a transaction with him.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...mber.php?u=440
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

so are the opinions of this jersey good or bad??

im not that familiar with the seller and from ive read, people have hammered him in the past.

it has a MEARS letter. is it possble that the letter is no good?

ive always heard good things about MEARS. i also tried to find pics and couldnt come up with anything better than what is posted.

I think that A5 is the auction house minimum - but I might be mistaken.
    Meaning that the jersey MIGHT have been worn by McGwire at some point.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Mears letter means zip, Mears GRADE is what is indicative, and A5 is L-O-W. A LONG way from A10...