Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What are you 2008 game used goals?

I dont think that this has been asked before and even though its february already, I think its still early enough. What are your collecting goals this year?

I have a few favorite players that I have been working on:

Jorge Posada - picked up a nice game used bat last year

Ryan Zimmerman - just got a 2007 bat last week, thanks to allstarsplus

Don Mattingly - same day, some how...I'll land a legit gamer at a reasonable price.

and anything else that catches my eye...

what about you guys?

Re: What are you 2008 game used goals?

I would have to think that obtaining certain pieces from a collection I have a line on are first and foremost. Beyond that; I continue my pursuit of Detroit Tigers GU bats from guys who played on championship teams. It is surprising how LITTLE these bats actually surface.

RK

BATS

Scott Rolen Mizuno
    Yadier Molina SAM or Marucci
    Mark Whiten (Cards) LVS
    Gregg Jefferies (Cards) LVS
    Fernando Tatis LVS (Cards, proper number on knob)
    Placido Polanco (Cards, contract LVS)
    Troy Glaus (yeah right. Wait until you see the frenzy for those...)
    Colby Rasmus (see Glaus)
    Juan Encarnacion (Cards M9)

CLEATS

Vince Coleman cleats (1986-88)

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

to be honest, i didnt have high hopes for this year.

i initially was hoping to score 2-3 Lankford bats for the entire YEAR.

in years past they just havent surfaced. and when they have i generally try to snatch them up.

there were a couple of times my damn computer when to hell and i wasnt able to pick an item up. it sucks missing out on an item , thinking that another chance may not present itself for months.

anyhow, i have picked up 9 bats and two jerseys so far (thanks to some outstanding forum members) and its only the middle of February.

i love it.

My goal for 08 was to get a trashed bat of soriano, vlad, posada, and manny. I picked up "THE" soriano bat from 06 that is graded 9.5 by psa and beat to death so that checks 1 off the list.

Also my secondary goal is to get game used shoes from either dwight howard or deron williams.

This year I would like to add on to my Reds collection. Just picked up my first Adam Dunn bat so that is one of my list early. Next big goal is a Reds jersey from a more recent player that spent a few years with the team.

My final goal is to sell off a few more of my autograph items so I can put that towards game used items (hint hint check out the autograph boards for a deal)
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Mine is to pick up 1 or both of the following:

- A 1984-85 Mattingly M110 or T141 bat
    - A 1986-89 LVS model 1728 (his rarest model)

Well, a guy can dream. We'll see what happens. If you see a post with the headlines, "My Wife Just Kicked Me Out of the House", then you know I found them.

Mike

This year I am hoping to be able to pick up a somewhat reasonably priced Jimmy Rollins jersey and a Chris Speier jersey too. I am also hoping to get game used items of some of the obscure MLB & NFL players that are from my hometown.

A Willie Stargell jersey is tops on my wish list with WISH being the operative word at this point in time.

Mine was to acquire a 44.5 gram 10k gold 1990 National Championship football ring, which was the last year we won (which i finally came up with the $1,000 I needed on Saturday and bought it from the man) and #2 I am trying to get the basketball jerseys of the starting 5 players from 2005-2006 when we upset #11 Wisconsin during our 1st real season in Division 1 (I am still working the equipment manager on this one). Heres a pic of my new ring. What do you think????
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

1) Create a display
    2) Create an inventory list for my collection
    3) Learn information about game used bats and game used jersey
    4) Determine what items in my collection i can use for trade and what items are untouchables.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.