Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are you 2008 game used goals?

I dont think that this has been asked before and even though its february already, I think its still early enough. What are your collecting goals this year?

I have a few favorite players that I have been working on:

Jorge Posada - picked up a nice game used bat last year

Ryan Zimmerman - just got a 2007 bat last week, thanks to allstarsplus

Don Mattingly - same day, some how...I'll land a legit gamer at a reasonable price.

and anything else that catches my eye...

what about you guys?

Re: What are you 2008 game used goals?

I would have to think that obtaining certain pieces from a collection I have a line on are first and foremost. Beyond that; I continue my pursuit of Detroit Tigers GU bats from guys who played on championship teams. It is surprising how LITTLE these bats actually surface.

RK

to be honest, i didnt have high hopes for this year.

i initially was hoping to score 2-3 Lankford bats for the entire YEAR.

in years past they just havent surfaced. and when they have i generally try to snatch them up.

there were a couple of times my damn computer when to hell and i wasnt able to pick an item up. it sucks missing out on an item , thinking that another chance may not present itself for months.

anyhow, i have picked up 9 bats and two jerseys so far (thanks to some outstanding forum members) and its only the middle of February.

i love it.

My goal for 08 was to get a trashed bat of soriano, vlad, posada, and manny. I picked up "THE" soriano bat from 06 that is graded 9.5 by psa and beat to death so that checks 1 off the list.

Also my secondary goal is to get game used shoes from either dwight howard or deron williams.

This year I would like to add on to my Reds collection. Just picked up my first Adam Dunn bat so that is one of my list early. Next big goal is a Reds jersey from a more recent player that spent a few years with the team.

My final goal is to sell off a few more of my autograph items so I can put that towards game used items (hint hint check out the autograph boards for a deal)
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Mine is to pick up 1 or both of the following:

- A 1984-85 Mattingly M110 or T141 bat
    - A 1986-89 LVS model 1728 (his rarest model)

Well, a guy can dream. We'll see what happens. If you see a post with the headlines, "My Wife Just Kicked Me Out of the House", then you know I found them.

Mike

This year I am hoping to be able to pick up a somewhat reasonably priced Jimmy Rollins jersey and a Chris Speier jersey too. I am also hoping to get game used items of some of the obscure MLB & NFL players that are from my hometown.

A Willie Stargell jersey is tops on my wish list with WISH being the operative word at this point in time.

I guess mine would have to be to aquire a bunch more Thome stuff. Maybe another glove. I am also trying to wrangle a couple of items out of a fellow collector on this board. You know who you are.(Carl). Anyway, I am off to a good start. Picked up a couple bats, a complete BLC uniform from 2002, and a pair of batting gloves. So, anyone with Thome stuff for sale. Give me a shout.
    thomecolector@cox.net

- First, I want to collect a game used base and ball from Opening Day at the Nationals new stadium and game used bats and jerseys from some of the players like Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge, Cristian Guzman, and others.

- Game used 2008 Shaq shoes from the Phoenix Suns

- Game used balls and bases from the 2008 Yankee Stadium All Star Game and HR Derby. Also, hope to get a HR Derby jersey and bat. Big goal is to attend the HR Derby and sit in the outfield!

- Ryan Braun Brewers game used bat

- 2008 ARod game used bat & last year of Yankee Stadium items

I know I will have items to add to the list as the year goes on.

If anyone can help with any of these items, let me know.

Andrew info@AllstarsPlus.com

Mine would be to pick up gamers of some more Detroit Tigers........My goals are Cabrera, Willis, Guillen, Todd Jones and Leyland.
    "All suspects are guilty until proven innocent in the court of law":D

cjduffield@cablespeed.com