Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just bought a Jose Guillen game worn signed belt...Did I bid too high?...

Let me know what you think of the price. Did I bid too much? I asked the seller how long he may have used it for and he told me that Guillen wore it during the second half of the season last year and that he wore only 2 belts during the second half! None of that was stated in the auction so that's why I bid high. LMK what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Re: Just bought a Jose Guillen game worn signed belt...Did I bid too high?...

It all depends. Does it fit you?

Banned

Let's see:

1 Belt, Leather, Used about 35 times - $32.00
    1 Autograph, Major League Baseball Player, Head Case, Wasted Potential - $20.00
    1 Piece of Major League Baseball History - Priceless

For everything else there's MasterCard.

Cool Re: Just bought a Jose Guillen game worn signed belt...Did I bid too high?...

If it's a player you like, you did well I think.

I myself haven't seen many belts at all for sale, though I guess it can be tough to identify them if they're not labeled somehow by the player. I'd have paid that price for a player I collect.

Good pickup

if you like Guillen, I think you did very well. It has photo evidence, and $52 for anything game used especially with some proof is a good buy in my opinion.

Jason

I'm admittedly confused regarding a few recent posts about what certain things are "worth", how much should one pay for something, what's worth more, did someone bid too much, etc.

Nothing in this hobby has any sort of regulated, universal, or inherant value. These aren't Fruit of the Loom tshirts here. It's not like you can get the exact same item from 100 different sellers.

If you could've gotten the Guillen belt from someplace else for cheaper, then yes you paid too much. If you didn't see a cheaper one elsewhere, and you can afford the amount you paid, then you didn't pay too much. You wanted a Jose Guillen belt and you got one. Mission accomplished.

There's only one person who can tell you if you bid too much and that's you. Someone who loves Jose Guillen would pay $100. Someone who hates him would pay 10 cents. The final price just depends which one of those 2 is going to show up at the auction that day. If someone paid more than you, it doesn't mean it was "worth" more than you thought. It just means they wanted it more than you. The selling price is not related to what an item is "worth"; it's related to how much the buyer wanted it.

Ignore the rabid dealers and sellers proclaiming that this jersey is "worth over $4000!" or that jersey "has unlimited investment potential!". They're just trying to pay the bills. Like a hawker at a carnival, yelling out all sorts of hyperbole to get people in the tent, so he can make enough money to support himself.

Buy the item you like. Pay what you can afford. Be happy you got it.
    If you're treating these things as long-term financial investments, then good luck.

Rudy.

Joel - While Jose's issues in the past have hurt his reputation, he has been a great addition as a player and "person" in Washington DC. Jose has been the first to volunteer for visits to hospitals and visit sick kids. He went several times on his own to Walter Reed Army Hospital to visit hospitalized servicemen injured in Iraq.

I try to look for the best in people and think they can change. In Jose's case I think he has and by the looks of his memorabilia sales, his fan base is also coming back!

Andrew

Unless your collecting many items from one player,why a belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4
    Unless your collecting many items from one player,why a belt?
    Because I like interesting things like that. The same company that I bought from also has game used shin guards,game used knee pads,game used thigh pads,etc.

Kyle is right. You collect what you like. I personally like to collect other things rather than the tradition jersey or bat. Even though I do have many of those. I like cleats, shin guards, helmets, wristband, etc.