Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: RedsFest ????

Re: RedsFest ????

Hey Guys,

Just out of curiosity, could anybody tell me what the "guy loaded down with jerseys" looked like? Just a little worried it might be me, and as AWA85 can attest to, I am certainly no dealer. Just a collector who wanted to get in early and grab what he could.

I did manage to snag some decent stuff though.

Thanks,
    Josh

Seems like Ball Park Heroes made their mark once again with a good amount of jerseys and some quality bats.

Josh is a big collector, not somebody trying to flip things for huge profit! Can't get upset at a collector who is grabbing stuff for their own collection.

Would upset me a bit for the few dealers that have those $100 jerseys up to $250 and beyond now the day after Redsfest.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Are any of you from the Cincinnati area.I am in the market for a Doug Flynn Reds jersey and a Joel Youngblood Reds jersey bp would be fine.There jerseys are like looking for a needle in a haystack.I was lucky enough to aquire a Flynn Expos gamer in a trade with TNT Toys just wondering if any of you can help.Thanks

Sorry, I am not in the Cincinnati area at all. If I ever run into any of those, I will let you know!

What do you guys think of the Dick Pole jersey BPH has on ebay. No way he ever used it in a mound visit in a game. I don't even think he would be allowed to wear it. Maybe as a under shirt or something. I've never seen a player or a coach wear a cut off jersey like this in a game.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Dick-Pole-2008-C...1%7C240%3A1318

I can't even guess what the deal is with this jersey. I know that some batting practice jerseys mainly from catchers in the past were cut off like that, but have never seen an actual game jersey like that.

Maybe that's whats left after Upper Deck cut out 100 swatches for them exclusive Dick Pole jersey cards coming soon to a store near you.....

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    I can't even guess what the deal is with this jersey. I know that some batting practice jerseys mainly from catchers in the past were cut off like that, but have never seen an actual game jersey like that.
    and if you've seen Dick Pole. The guy has a nice sized gut. I'd love to see someone photomatch that jersey on him.

Quote Originally Posted by jshortt View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just out of curiosity, could anybody tell me what the "guy loaded down with jerseys" looked like? Just a little worried it might be me, and as AWA85 can attest to, I am certainly no dealer. Just a collector who wanted to get in early and grab what he could.

I did manage to snag some decent stuff though.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Josh,
    If you have any 08 knit (not Cool Base) home white or home alternate jerseys you'd like to move let me know. You can reach me at njvette1@aol.com. Thanks, John.

I contacted BPH - no Adam Dunn anything. They never seem to have anything I am ever looking for...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com