Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: Who among us has the most bats of a single player?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    How many bats have you confronted a player with at the same time, at a signing?

I've gone to numerous signings where I had 6-8 bats for one player to sign - I know the guy who does the shows here pretty well, and if I have that many, he'll either give me part of a table off to the side, so I don't have to carry them all through a line, or he'll let me put them on the signing table before the player gets there, and be first - but my record for one player at one signing is 14.

Greg Colbrunn was signing at a card shop, and before he got there I got permission from the owner to line up all these bats behind the counter, so
    Greg could sign them before he started signing everybody else's stuff. They represented every team he'd ever played on to that point, and even a few from the minor leagues. I also had a couple of his Atlanta jerseys, and some other things. Colby's a pretty humble guy, and seemed genuinely confused that somebody would have that many of his bats.

Back in the mid ninties when the 86 Mets did a reunion show in NJ I wheeled around a laundry cart full of 25 gamers for almost all the players to sign. Only had one bat for each player except Gary Carter who inspected all 5 bats I presented him.

The only other time I presented multiple bats to a player was to Ed Hearn when he visited my home for a private signing and I asked him to sign 5 gamers too. As he was signing he asked me if I wanted anything inscribed and I said what ever comes to mind meaning 86 Mets, his number etc, and he jokely said "I'll sign this one that I hit a home run with it! At which point we both looked at each other and cracked up

David

David

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I think this thread has shown the diversity out there in the collecting world. For almost the entire thread, I've been thinking "why would anyone want 15 bats of THAT stiff??" But then I look around my room at all the bats and autos of players nobody else has ever heard of, I understand.

Ken
    earlywynn I understand what your saying and there was a thread started some time ago about members who they collected and why and I am sure that thread can answer your question for some of the members of who they collect.
    Darryl Strawberry you can consider him a stiff I am a realist, yes he did coke, he was an alcholic, had domestic problems and tax evasion, off the field he wasn't the greatest.
    But on the field he was a fear at the plate to this day critics say he had one of the sweetest swings in baseball cuz he would swing with grace with a high kick and produce some amazing home runs. At heart he really is a great guy having encountered him in many occasions he is great to people and to fans. Even the majority of his teamates have said through the years he was a great guy with the exception of a couple.
    Jeter even said that Strawberry was his mentor and that Strawberry took him under his wings and helped him up from the minors. One of Strawberrys books was foreworded by Jeter. I remember when the Yankees found out he had cancer and had the #39 stitched in there caps, Jim Leyritz who as on a different team at the time wrote in silver marker on his cap #39 while he was playing.
    Growing up as a kid watching Strawberry step up to the plate and being one of the most feared hitters through the 80's into the 90's was a beautiful thing. Even his comeback time with the Yankees he still produced amazingly for not being a full time player.

So hopefully in my case anyway you can see why I follow Strawberry.

I have 7 Pujols...

and 14 Mickey Tettleton...

and always looking for more...

I am currently at 9 Ripken Jr. and hoping to add more. It may end up being addition by subtraction as I probably need to sell one or two duplicate models to add a different model.

Thanks
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

I have 8 Miguel Tejada Game Used Bats.And 1 Issued Miguel Tejada Bat.My Issued Bat is from the 2006 All Star Game.1 Game Used Bat was used in the 2005 All Star Game.1 Game Used Bat is from when Tejada played with the A'S.The rest are from his playing days with the Orioles.

I also own 4 Brian Roberts Game Used Bats.2 are signed by Brian Roberts.

And also 3 Game Used Nick Markakis Game Used Bats.

And 2 Pudge Game Used Bats.1 is Signed by Pudge

And 3 Carl Crawford Game Used Bats.2 are signed by Crawford.

3 Manny Ramirez Game Used Bats.2 are Signed by Manny Ramirez.

2 Carlos Lee Game Used Bats.

2 Miguel Cabrera Game Used Bats.1 is signed by Miguel Cabrera.

2 Vlad Bats 1 Game Used and 1 is Issued and was given to Miguel Tejada from Vlad .

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I have 8 Miguel Tejada Game Used Bats.And 1 Issued Miguel Tejada Bat.My Issued Bat is from the 2006 All Star Game.1 Game Used Bat was used in the 2005 All Star Game.1 Game Used Bat is from when Tejada played with the A'S.The rest are from his playing days with the Orioles.
    Speaking of Miggi Tejada, he has some sweet milestone/game-used stuff on MLB.com auctions. Check it out here: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...tsearch=tejada.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

In the lot of Phillies bats I just picked up from my folks house:

5 Glenn Wilson (including one inscribed with something about me driving his Corvette to my prom)
    4 Luis Aguayo
    4 Steve Jeltz
    3 Jeff Stone
    3 Sixto Lezcano

Thanks for the heads up on the Tejada Items.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the Tejada Items.
    You are very welcome.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408