Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Ebay Boycott Starts Today - Join In

EBAY BOYCOTT STARTS TODAY - JOIN IN

A nation wide boycott of eBay starts today for one week.

This is in response to eBay's announced changes, with the main contention being feedback.

A seller will no longer be able to leave negative for a buyer, regardless of what the buyer has done or not done. A buyer may leave the seller a negative even if the seller did everything perfect, or a buyer may leave a negative for any reason they choose, and there isn't a damn thing the seller can do about it.

Of course, eBay states that if a non-paying bidder does not respond to a non-payment notice from eBay, the bidder can not leave a negative. What they don't tell you is the bidder can respond, still not pay, and then leave a negative. The seller is left with no money, a tainted auction, a lot of wasted time and energy, and a negative.

Personally, I find this to be the most asinine, stupid, and plain head up the a** move that eBay has ever instituted.

Their new rules lay all of the burden on the sellers, with the almost three percent increase in fees, and the totally unfair and throat cutting change to the feedback policy.

The only thing eBay understands is the bottom line, and I am doing everything in my small world to decrease that bottom line, now and in the future.

I started my boycott a week ago. I am not selling or buying anything on eBay for three weeks, nothing.

Please join in, as it is to your benefit too.

Re: Ebay Boycott Starts Today - Join In

Great, I'll find some steals with less bidders!

eBay does not force anyone to use it.

Banned

Go ahead, cut your throat.

The only problem is their won't be fewer bidders, just fewer sellers.

I am sure there will be many people like you with short sighted vison.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    I am not selling or buying anything on eBay for three weeks, nothing.
    Well, there is one less bidder.

Do you really feel that this boycott will be effective?

eBay can charge whatever they want. To really show them, instead of taking three weeks off, never buy and sell on there ever again.

Until there is an alternative to eBay, as a seller or a buyer, it is the best tool for worldwide exposure.

eBay sent me last week a 10% bonus to be used on any purchase up to $1,000 for being a good customer and I used it to buy some Michael Jordan shoes.

Compared to paying an auction house 10% to 20% of the final hammer price, I still think eBay has its niche. Yes, it got a little more expensive but they have had many more 10 cent and 20 cent listing promotions in the past 6 weeks and hopefully they will continue that.

Hopefully they will rethink the buyer feedback mistake, but otherwise I am extremely happy to do business there.

Just my 2 cents!

Andrew

it won't change my buying or spending habits one bit (in fact I'm eyeing some pretty nice pieces that will end within the next 3-4 days). Like everything in life, it's a personal choice. If it gets to the point where there are better alternatives, I'll consider stopping, otherwise it's business as usual for me.

Banned

I don't begrudge them their increase in fees, as it is still the best deal around.

My main contention, as with most people, is their feedback change in regard to only a buyer being able to leave a negative. Without that change, I am fairly certain a boycott would not have been called for.

Just because it is the only game in town, doesn't mean I have to play, or even attend.

It is a personal choice, and one I choose to make. It might not make a bit of difference, but as the saying goes, if you don't vote, don't complain.

As a seller, I hate the fact that buyers are immune to negatives. There are too many people that choose to screw up and do not care about consequenses.

As a buyer - there is nothing better. I will be like the Swiss - and takle a neutral stance during the boycott. I will not sell any high end stuff...

Ebay has issues, but I have found some great deals there - and saved TONS of money over the years. I use it for far more than just sports related stuff. I buy clothes, DVD's, pretty much everything...at a fraction of retail cost.

Out of 1000+ transactions, I have dealt with 3 unresolved transactions. There have been plenty of issues, but all were eventually closed.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I tell you the problem I have with ebay users. So many of them are too darn lazy to even leave feedback period. I transaction can go as smooth as ever and they wont leave you feedback. Hard to build up a rating. It also seems tough for people to send emails.

Jason

Banned

Here are two threads in regard to the eBay boycott. As you will read, many have pledged to boycott eBay during this week. Both buyers and sellers, as it will effect everyone in one way or the other.

To those who do support the boycott, I thank you. To the others........................

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?tstart=0&threadID=1000636290&mod=12019 83218017&anticache=1202237856678

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1202238221/last-1203442396/OT-++Ebay+Seller+Strike