Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1994 NY Jets Marvin Jones game worn throwback jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-NY-Jets-Mar...QQcmdZViewItem

I am starting this thread to answer questions about this jersey.

Re: 1994 NY Jets Marvin Jones game worn throwback jersey

You guys are letting me off entirely too easy on this one

Jetsfan,
    I will tell you this, I don't know about that particular jersey. But I noticed the Rainbow LOA. I bought an early 80's Eric Dickerson SMU game worn jersey from one of their auctions in the early 90's. The jersey was very nice and I have since sold it. I made a very nice return on it, but it is one of those pieces you kind of wish you held onto after the fact. Just interesting because I have seen very few of their letters still floating around.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottanservitz View Post
    Jetsfan,
    I will tell you this, I don't know about that particular jersey. But I noticed the Rainbow LOA. I bought an early 80's Eric Dickerson SMU game worn jersey from one of their auctions in the early 90's. The jersey was very nice and I have since sold it. I made a very nice return on it, but it is one of those pieces you kind of wish you held onto after the fact. Just interesting because I have seen very few of their letters still floating around.
    Scott
    Hey there Scott, thanks for the reply. Yes, those were different days back then when the hobby wasn't totally dominated by the mega auction companies. Rainbow dealt with a lot of early/mid Jets jerseys and I have a couple in my collection from them. Your Dickerson piece must have been a beaut and I understand about the sellers remorse, been there done that a couple times. The 1994 Marvin Jones one game throwback is extremely tough to part with but hopefully it goes to a true vintage NFL fan who appreciates how rare this one is. Have a great weekend Scott. GO JETS!

Scott...I know the source where Rainbow was getting their Jets stuff back then and it's iron clad...the guy gave me a tour of their practice facility by Hofstra and he knew all players, coaches, and office people...he traded them electronics and appliances for all sorts of Jets items

can't remember how I got hooked up with him, and it's been many years since we've spoken...but he was a great source

Lund and Jetsfan,
    This is a perfect example where most collectors will see a Rainbow LOA and walk away without doing a little research possibly missing the boat on a great piece. I agree that they had some quality items in their auctions and in hindsight wished I got more of it. Good luck on the Jets jersey as it is hard to let some things go. Just look at it as a precursor to better things to come.
    Scott

It's a tough one to let go for sure Scott and as it looks right now somebody is going to get a real steal.

Jetsfan,
    Couple hours to go. Hopefully that baby will go at the end. Good luck!
    Scott

I think I pay (literally) for my disdain towards auction houses. This is a good example as I believe this jersey would have commanded a better price in a major auction house. They could have crayoned up a nice Lampson LOA for it and charged a buyer a cool 20% buyers fee. I lost on this jersey but it I don't consider it a sale so much as I do a trade as I was looking to recoup funds for a sweet early 80's Jets piece I scored recently so all is good. Hopefully the winner was a Jets fan but either way he got a fair deal and a sweet jeresey. I was contemplating listing a green 1994 Jets throwback on e-Bay but I think that plan is out the window lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Scott...I know the source where Rainbow was getting their Jets stuff back then and it's iron clad...the guy gave me a tour of their practice facility by Hofstra and he knew all players, coaches, and office people...he traded them electronics and appliances for all sorts of Jets items

can't remember how I got hooked up with him, and it's been many years since we've spoken...but he was a great source
    I bought a fair amount from 'Mike' at Rainbow....I used to visit him 3 or 4 times a year and bought everything from Al Toon GU gloves to a Mickey Shuler jersey to a 1992 Freeman McNeil jersey..He would also feed stuff to GFC 'Mike' was a rock musician and a dope dealer in his younger days, but had good jets stuff..he disappeared from the scene many years ago What did you score back in the day?