Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help GUU lend a hand to ESPN’s Uni Watch!

Help GUU lend a hand to ESPN’s Uni Watch!

Paul Lukas, from ESPN’s Uni Watch (www.uniwatchblog.com), is looking for photos of game used jerseys that have been customized by the player, the equipment manager, or both. An example of this would be the John Elway jersey (featured in the last Game Used Universe Auction) that had a custom hand-warmer added to the front (pictured below).

Please post as many pictures as you can of your customized jerseys, showing as much detail as possible. If you have a photo match of the jersey, please include that as well. In addition to posting your photos here, please email them to me at authenticgamers@aol.com. Paul has said that while he cannot promise he will be able to use every picture submitted by GUU members, he will try to use as many as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help with this project!

On behalf of GUU,

Re: Help GUU lend a hand to ESPN’s Uni Watch!

im not sure if this fits the bill but heres a gooden jersey with a few inches of length added for the 6'4 doctor

Thanks for the Gooden post....however, that customization was done by the manufacturer, not the team or player. We're looking for photos of jerseys that have customizations implemented after it left the factory - by the team or player. Thanks for trying...I appreciate the effort!

Best,

Rob

An AWESOME submission emailed to me by Howard Wolf...

From the late 1970's through the early 1980's, Mike Schmidt customized his uniforms in order to maintain a "finished" look, and prevent the shirt from becoming untucked from the pants. This was achieved by the local seamstress adding an extra button and a satin "loop" in the front bottom tail of the shirt. This button and loop attached to a similar button/loop inside the pants. As a result, the shirt did not become untucked during play. - Howard Wolf

Here are the photos:

Do you have jerseys with similiar customizations? Post them here and email them directly to me at authenticgamers@aol.com!

Thanks for the assistance.

Best,

Rob

Matt Lawton Twins turn back the clock.

The sleeves should have been past his elbows.

Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Does this count??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is Kevin Greene's jersey from the Roger Gibson Collection:
    http://www.49ersgamers.com/PDFs/KevinGreene1997red.pdf

It's a PDF file, so I can post the pics....
    Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Rob,
    The first thing I thought about after seeing this thread was the way Earl Weaver cutomized his jerseys with a pocket for his smokes. American Memorabilia had an example recently, but I've seen a few more over the years.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=31069

Mike

As you know, Rob, Albert Pujols doesn't like tails in his jerseys. Most of his jerseys are hemmed straight across. When they're not, he takes the scissors to them. Here's Albert's 2007 home spring training jersey... I can provide closeups of the cut if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    Rob,
    The first thing I thought about after seeing this thread was the way Earl Weaver cutomized his jerseys with a pocket for his smokes.
    Bill Veeck customized his fake leg so he could use it as an ashtray... does that count?