Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: What's the greatest item you've ever seen for sale/at auction?

Low Blow!

best item i have seen in person at an auction was in 1990 at the Rangers winter carnival / sale the Rangers put the all star game jerseys from the previous season up at a live auction in the ballpark. they didnt have the patches but they had letters from the team saying they were used in the all star game . The Ryan went for 5 grand and that was 20 years ago. Reese Ryan his youngest son was in crowd bidding on it and dropped out around 2000 i stopped at 3000 if it had had the all star game patch i would have gone higher.

My Holy grail....... Don Mattingly game used 1st base glove, saw one about 25 years ago haven't seen one since

George
    harvesttrustinv@aol.com

Always looking for Mattingly quality game used items

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=59140

This is kind of amazing. A Roberto Clemente Fielder's Glove from the personal collection of Pittsburgh glove expert, Dennis Esken.

Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

joelsabi, do you have any way to contact Dennis Esken? email me.
    justinbittner220@hotmail.com

1951 Willie Mays Minneapolis Millers Home Jersey

Some interesting background from the description.
    It was first brought to the attention of the collecting community when a Minneapolis resident took it to the Antiques Roadshow on June 26, 2004. He had purchased the jersey for fifty dollars about twenty years earlier at a small collectors show. Over the years he began to wonder about which players might have worn the jersey. His excitement in finding out that Mays wore number "28" with the Millers in 1951 was tempered by the fact that his research seemed to indicate that this was a 1950-style Millers jersey. Mays only played with the Millers for thirty-five games in 1951. Undaunted, and knowing that teams recycled their uniforms, he continued his research and eventually found the two accompanying photos that prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Mays did indeed wear this jersey during his brief time with the Millers.

pretty amazing that this exists and it does not belong to Willie Mays himself or the HOF.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...review/14.html
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.